Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield Emissary

ghost21

Has anyone yet, bought or fired one of the Springfield Emissary 1911 pistols?

I had a chance to handle one today at my LGS and I have to say just holding it, it feels good, and I love the Hellcat sights on the tri-top slide

I have to say ,It may just come home with me tomorrow!

54 minutes ago, mwx40x40 said:

I too was interested in one, but the bull barrel keeps me from playing games with it, so I passed on it for now, but I may find a reason to own one later.

L 10

Just picked up the emissary at lunch time! Just now got done with a shooting session with it, and its a keeper! I love it, it has earned a place beside my Springfield loaded 45. 

flawless function,  very accurate and I love the hellcat sites! The slimline grips on it, I thought wouldn't  like them ,but fits my hand like a glove .I only put about 100rds through it, But I can tell, it is a great 45 IMO!

The one thing I did notice is that It came with 2 mec-gar mags ,they functioned  flawless, But I will be getting  several more WIlson mags for it.

Every Springfield 45 I have owned has always came with Metal form mags , guess they made a deal with mec gar.

Anyway this Is my first thoughts on my new Emissary, But I plan on a more detailed report ,Once I get to my range back home!

IMO, buy one you cant go wrong, besides you have Springfield's great warranty to back it up!

Jeff

PS I will post pic later tonight

I haven't looked at the ejector that close yet, Will tomorrow , when I have my Sunday cleaning session. The emissary , my loaded Springer and a couple glocks.

I don't know how 45 is the wrong caliber, specially since I didn't  get it for competition! My thoughts right now, and after shooting it for the first time, is EDC!

But I would also I wouldn't hesitate to shoot a match with it!

I know most bull barrel guns are 9mm or 38super, But from what Ive seen shooting the emissary today, the bull barrel is going to make this 45 a tack driver. 

Also here s a pic of the new 45 in the stable!

thumbnail_4B63CD93-4EFC-424B-99A6-DAAE3389D40D.jpg

I put a couple hundred rounds through one. Far from an extensive test but it did shoot very nicely. The grips are very well done. Dry firing over a couple weeks the grips hold where they need to and allow a bit of movement to establish the initial grip. They also don't shred your hands. 

The ammo I shot was pretty accurate so I'd say it's definitely capable of being accurate. Again, it's nothing extensive but I thought it was well put together. 

On 10/30/2021 at 8:22 PM, ghost21 said:

I know most bull barrel guns are 9mm or 38super, But from what Ive seen shooting the emissary today, the bull barrel is going to make this 45 a tack driver. 

They're usually very accurate. The issue folks are citing is that a 5" bull barrel is specifically excluded from Single Stack in USPSA and CDP in IDPA so the Emissary doesn't fit into gun games. Literally the only reason I didn't buy one when I played with it; it's really well done. If you bought it for carry and/or the range then more power to you and enjoy!

1 hour ago, shred said:

The barrel kicks it out of SS, but does the rail meet the 3.25" dust cover rule?  Looks like it should.

Looks like it. I think the 3.25" rule is supposed to align with a standard slide stirrup cut (at least it does on all of mine).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
36 minutes ago, Jeff361 said:

Does anyone know if this gun would be legal for IDPA carry optics if it is milled for red dot and lightened to come at or under 45 ounces.   I do not see the bull barrel limitation in the ESP or CO rules.  Thanks.

That limitation was removed with the new rules.