Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Now that we have magnets, 4 or 5 pouches in Production?

rowdyb

I've had a DAA large magnet just hanging around since they were first banned. It recently ended up on my SS belt which has six pouches because it makes the barney juggle easier.

On my production belt I have five pouches, plus a simple folded kydex one that holds a mag for make ready at about 5 o'clock. I use it to hang my earpro from the belt when not shooting. The fifth pouch is usually populated and I've never planned to go for the fifth pouch, but I've accidentally fumbled a mag before and needed it.

I've heard of some timers being set too sensitive for PCC and accidentally picking up the 'click' of a mostly empty mag on the magnet as another shot during unload and show clear. Never encountered this myself but its spooky enough that I don't go the magnet while unloading. If it was covered I probably would.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, SISIG said:

Does having a magnet cover helps. I find that my DAA magnet is to strong.

what are people’s experiences

I always run a cover.  Even with the retention is strong enough to hold two fully loaded 10-round 1911 mags, or a 29 round 170mm.  It will even hold two loaded 155mm hags, but I'm a little leery about running with both on the magnet.  I could always remove the cover if I had to.

18 hours ago, SISIG said:

Does having a magnet cover helps. I find that my DAA magnet is to strong.

what are people’s experiences

I think it depends on if you have a metal mag or not.  :)

For Glock mags, no cover.  For metal mags---I see a lot of magnet covers.

On 1/30/2023 at 6:02 PM, zzt said:

I always run a cover.  Even with the retention is strong enough to hold two fully loaded 10-round 1911 mags, or a 29 round 170mm.  It will even hold two loaded 155mm hags, but I'm a little leery about running with both on the magnet.  I could always remove the cover if I had to.

I seem to recall that magnets cannot hold two magnets legally.

6 minutes ago, vluc said:

I seem to recall that magnets cannot hold two magnets legally.

You recall correctly depending on the division. Looks like only production, SS co have that restriction