Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Major = SMP or SPP?

Squirrel45

Hi, 

Im currently running 115's 10.1 to 10.3 of #7 and using CCI 550's. Unfortunately I am near out of 550's but have some 500's would using non mag primers be an issue you think? Going for complete burn and no cup blow by. 

thanks 

Squirrel 

No problems except you will drop a few PF going to CCI 500.  I'm using them with 10.2gr and the burn is clean as a whistle.  I used CCI 550 a while in an older Silhouette load.  If memory serves I gained 3 PF with the 550s.  BTW, a 17 lb. MS sets CCI 500s off.  A 15 is iffy.  A 19 works with everything.

• 2 months later...
On 9/24/2021 at 9:01 PM, Steve RA said:

I use SRMP in 9mm, .45ACP and .223/5.56 and have great results in all with them.

Really? I have 1k of CCI SRMP and they don't work for nothing in my P320s, or 19/2011s. The 19/2011s all have 17lb MS though, but have extended firing pins. 

I ran CCI SRMP through my DVC open and a 17 mainspring and had no problem with an extended firing pin. Put about 2,000 through the gun with no light strikes. I just picked up 10k Winchester SPP and it doesn't sound like I'm going to have any issues with my 38SC gun from all the comments.