Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The 2006 Area 5 Match will be held at Holmen Practical Shooters Holmen, WI. on August 25-27. Wisconsin has never had an Area 5 match and I am very happy to locate the match at Holmen for 2006.

Let's get behind this club and support the match in a big way. I look forward to seeing you there in August. More details will follow as they become available.

Gary

UPDATE--REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN AT THE AREA 5 WEBPAGE.

Edited by Gary Stevens

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WI is Chease head country, you know.......Elsie the COW

Nothing up there but Jersey Cows, Antelope, and Chease heads!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

So I take it from your post that you are going to show up and shoot revolver at Area 5 against all of us northern wheelgunners in August, right Hop?? Or are you just barking from your porch again?? ;)

LOOONG way. but i'd like to make it anyway, we'll see how thing shape up next year. Does the club have any major match experience?

The RM is top notch, he is bringing in all ringer CRO's for this match (the arm-twisting has already begun again...ouch!!!), and he is visiting the club in advance to assess its capabitlities and find out what kind of out-of-town resources are needed...in short, they are doing their homework. They are doing an RO class, and should have everything in place to hold an excellent match. I hear the MD is very knowlegeable, and is excited to see Wisconsin host the match for the first time. I think that energy, coupled with the knowledgable RM that Gary Stevens asked to work the match will make for a great venue. With Garys policy of offerring the match for two years to a club, it means that the club will reap the benefit of many tournament-caliber RO's to assist in the following year, and many years to come plus an easier time of it the second year running the A5. Congratulations Wisconsin, I'm sure you'll do great!!! I am happy to see the announcement this early, and can't wait to go. I hope to see all of you there....and that means you too Mr. Hopalong!!! If I can drive to your neck of the woods....

Jeff :D

Edited by Barrettone

The RM is top notch . . . I hear the MD is very knowlegeable, and is excited to see Wisconsin host the match for the first time. I think that energy, coupled with the knowledgable RM that Gary Stevens asked to work the match will make for a great venue.

Are the identities of these officials top secret or are you going to let us in on who they are?

Hop,

Are we going to have to turn on our Yankee hospitality to get you this far north? What is it going to take?

Match is @ 4 hours northwest of my house. 220 miles away. If you fly into Mitchell (milwaukee) I could pick you up at the airport. ( no rental car , more money for beer)

Ship your ammo to me, no headaches at the airport( Ease of mind is worth alot)

Depending on your travel schedule, would even open up my home to you to stay in.( no hotel fees, more beer money again)

How could you pass up on this deal. I will even throw in all the Off you will need to keep the mosquitos away.

What its going to be, WOOF WOOF,

Tom

Edited by Tom Mainus

Well its 669 miles from KY to Holmen. Was thinking about making the trip with my boys but here in KY school starts around August 15th and they both play football. You all have fun, we just cant make that long of a trip then.

I worked with Perry on this years Area 5 and he is one of the best RM's I have been associated with.

I believe we are looking at a minimum of 10 stages and while round count is important, the quality of the stage is more important than the quanity of rounds fired. I do understand the issue though.

I see no reason that the one or two day schedule can't be offered. It seemed to work well this year, and to be honest, I am glad I picked the two day schedule this year. It was a little more laid back than running from stage to stage.

Gary

Edited by Gary Stevens