Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ramen Noodles - How Do You Eat Them

I came home after work the other day and haven't had Ramen noodles for years. I was hungry and fried up some chicken breast then added some spaghetti sauce to the meat. I wanted some pasta with it, but that was going to take too long when I saw the Ramen noodles. Cooked in water in the micro, drained the water and then added to the chicken and spaghetti sauce. Hit the spot and the pasta was done in about 3 mins.

I use them all the time, instead of rice, when cooking a quick "stir-fry." As a bonus, you can use the flavor packet as "stock" when making the cooking liquid.

For example: "weird Chicken flavor Ramen packet" --> 1/2 cup water. Heat in microwave. Add soy sauce, dry sherry/vermouth, dollop of sesame oil, and tbs of corn-starch.

In wok, or skillet, stir fry shrimp (or pork, sliced chicken breast, whatever), in oil. Towards the end, add minced garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. Remove meat, and replace with snow-pea pods, asparagus spears cut into sections, or whatever you like.....Once these are cooked add meat again, then the cooking liquid. The corn-starch will thicken the liquid.

Serve over Ramen's.

Or, hell, throw a hot dog or two in with the Ramen noodles, and ignore all of the above. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I love this stuff. I like it spicy so I go to the Asian market and get the spicy noodles. Then I add a good dose of the red pizza pepper.

I usually eat them as noodles but sometimes, I'll crush up the noodles in the package before dumping them in the water and eat it like a soup. I usually add some green onions and mushrooms and sometimes an egg.