Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2021 Area 6 Championship

12 hours ago, Bdh821 said:

Also, it does not say who to write a check to on practiscore.  

Do I write it to Chad Stanton or to Area 4 Championship

wow, I just realized I'm not talking about the same shoot... In my defense, I am signed up for both! 🤣

• 1 month later...

Ok, you twisted my arm. The facility and layout were incredible. We shot all 12 stages in one day and the amount of walking wasn't bad at all compared to some ranges and major matches. The stages were not overly complex or too hard (except for stage 12) but they gave you many options for a stage plan but also options to lose time and get mikes. The flow of the day was very good on Friday without any long waits at any stage. Staff was very friendly and made it fun. Food truck was great. Prizes seem aplenty and I actually won some decent stuff. If I could shoot it all again tomorrow I would. It was nice not to have to paste or reset as well. All in all it was an A+ experience for me and those on my squad. With nearly 400 shooters it was the largest match I have attended to date. And there was no shortage of talent! Being new to Carry Optics I wanted to be conservative with my shooting without shooting any misses, etc. Ended up 47 of 101 carry optics, solid mid A class with 228 A, 43C, and one lousy D. Oh and one NS. Now to actually get classified!

1 hour ago, EEH said:

I’ve watched a couple videos and it looked fun all except the stage with only one shot on each target, wow.

Although it seemed a little odd at first (wanted to do the usual pair at each target) it turned out to be a lot of fun, especially timing the bobbers.  One big transition drill, lots of focus.

Great match overall!

38 minutes ago, teros135 said:

Although it seemed a little odd at first (wanted to do the usual pair at each target) it turned out to be a lot of fun, especially timing the bobbers.  One big transition drill, lots of focus.

Great match overall!

I agree. I actually did very well on that stage. Great memories were made at that match. 

On 4/12/2021 at 11:58 AM, Posvar said:

Ok, you twisted my arm. The facility and layout were incredible. We shot all 12 stages in one day and the amount of walking wasn't bad at all compared to some ranges and major matches. The stages were not overly complex or too hard (except for stage 12) but they gave you many options for a stage plan but also options to lose time and get mikes. The flow of the day was very good on Friday without any long waits at any stage. Staff was very friendly and made it fun. Food truck was great. Prizes seem aplenty and I actually won some decent stuff. If I could shoot it all again tomorrow I would. It was nice not to have to paste or reset as well. All in all it was an A+ experience for me and those on my squad. With nearly 400 shooters it was the largest match I have attended to date. And there was no shortage of talent! Being new to Carry Optics I wanted to be conservative with my shooting without shooting any misses, etc. Ended up 47 of 101 carry optics, solid mid A class with 228 A, 43C, and one lousy D. Oh and one NS. Now to actually get classified!

Agreed, this was a well run match with challenging stages, no back ups anywhere. Only had three mikes, two of which were on stage 12. Rowan Co is a nice range.

1 hour ago, mwx40x40 said:

Agreed, this was a well run match with challenging stages, no back ups anywhere. Only had three mikes, two of which were on stage 12. Rowan Co is a nice range.

It really is a nice place. The monthly match there is just as good as any level one or level two championship. I’m thankful that this is my local range and being a member there is awesome because you can go and pick any bay and set it up how you want and shoot anytime.

1 hour ago, mwx40x40 said:

What did you shoot Mark.?

And Christian decided to shoot it in Limited and, of course, won it....  ( with Coley, Browning and Tomassie and Ibanez in the top five)

Watched his video of the match on YouTube...  I believe that on some stages he forgot he was shooting irons... 😄

If this guy keeps this up...   it's becoming Grauffel-esque...   meaning, any gun he picks up, he's going to win major matches with it, if not World shoots...

Really really curious to see what's gonna happen at the next World Shoot and how he's gonna square up against Ballesteros and Grauffel. 

But man, it's a joy watching that kid shoot... wow! 

I enjoyed the match quite a bit!  I was on a great squad of shooters too!  The match flowed very smooth and I felt almost lost not having to paste.  The weather was great as I did the Sat/Sun AM times.   I enjoyed stage 12 a lot as the timing of it became a challenge that made you really think about what shots you wanted to take first for the center array.  I feel there were a few lefty disadvantages, for me.  Especially on stage 6.  I had to basically fall out of the shoot area to even be able to see the targets.  None the less, it was challenging and I enjoyed the match!  I look forward to coming back as A6 is not local to me.  I also managed to beat Lena Miculek and Justine Williams in PCC...  Max Leograndis is just soooo fassstttt 

• 4 weeks later...