Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended cylinder release

SSGGlock

9 hours ago, ysrracer said:

Anybody got a good instruction video on doing a reload?

7 hours ago, Fishbreath said:

I haven't found any. It would be great to get some reference material made for the techniques in use here in the 21st century.

4 hours ago, SSGGlock said:

Concur. I don’t get to see many revolver shooters in shoots, if there is any we normally aren’t squadded together. 

Google much?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, PatJones said:

Google much?

Yes, we've all seen that one, Mr. Snarkypants, but it's not an instructional video, and since my hands and gun aren't the same as Mr. Miculek's, having an explanation of what he's doing (like MWP gave) is a whole lot more useful than super-slo-mo footage on its own.

8 minutes ago, Fishbreath said:

Yes, we've all seen that one, Mr. Snarkypants, but it's not an instructional video, and since my hands and gun aren't the same as Mr. Miculek's, having an explanation of what he's doing (like MWP gave) is a whole lot more useful than super-slo-mo footage on its own.

Do you have a video camera? I have an old one on a tripod in my dry fire area. Film yourself and compare the differences.

Do you have the same hand speed? Is your hand already at your belt while you're ejecting?

Are you bringing the gun to your waist to drop the moon in? Do you break slightly at the waist to allow more room to get the gun more vertical?

See how he let's go of the moon and moves his hand to the grip before the moon falls all the way in?

11 minutes ago, PatJones said:

Do you have a video camera? I have an old one on a tripod in my dry fire area. Film yourself and compare the differences.

I keep on meaning to get a cell phone mount for my tripod, but it occurs to me I have an old snapshot camera I can attach directly. Thanks for the reminder and the process tips.

3 hours ago, SSGGlock said:

Is the TK release the same length of the hogue short release?

Yes, see below. Hogue short and TK. I use both, and I chop them both up a bit to get my thumbs past it. You can even see some blood on that uncut TK release. Don’t worry, I won’t send that one out as a demo....

EF09E693-51BC-4A99-9553-3E5618192874.jpeg

C0AC0481-3768-4E25-9CF3-0434556BC5B9.jpeg

4A34D322-5186-4B23-AC99-B3A52AA08687.jpeg

Edited by MWP
Spelling

5 hours ago, 10mmdave said:

PM me your address.

I'll include a long, short IDPA legal (ESR only, or whatever they're calling it these days)

a long and short of my old style and a long and short of my MEGA (😆) size.

Unless you have thoughts on just one size/type ?

Shot you a FB message.

20 minutes ago, MWP said:

Yes, see below. Hogue short and TK. I use both, and I chop them both up a bit to get my thumbs past it. You can even see some blood on that uncut TK release. Don’t worry, I won’t send that one out as a demo....

EF09E693-51BC-4A99-9553-3E5618192874.jpeg

C0AC0481-3768-4E25-9CF3-0434556BC5B9.jpeg

4A34D322-5186-4B23-AC99-B3A52AA08687.jpeg

Thanks. Yeap, I got one with skin and blood embedded in it. I’ll be cutting one down tomorrow and give it a try. Thanks for all the help and time taking pictures and answering questions.

8 hours ago, RangerMcFadden said:

Oh good, it’s not just me.

Would you happen to have a Houge long take you can take a photo with to compare Houge short and TK with? I’m curious to have a side-by-side-by-side.

I do not. It had one for testing and it was too long for me. I have a shooting buddy who is a lefty and it works well for him to get to with his thumb. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, SSGGlock said:

I had one on my 625, but my grip is so high. It dug a hole in my thumb.

Sorry to hear that SSG, did you have the version with the knuckle relief like in the picture attached?

I added the knuckle relief after a large-handed, high-grip shooter in my area complained about the same

issue, the change worked for him.

I'd be happy to talk about correcting the issue for you, let's me know how to make the releases better

for future Revo shooters.

Shrt Rel Nuk-02.jpg

29 minutes ago, 10mmdave said:

Sorry to hear that SSG, did you have the version with the knuckle relief like in the picture attached?

I added the knuckle relief after a large-handed, high-grip shooter in my area complained about the same

issue, the change worked for him.

I'd be happy to talk about correcting the issue for you, let's me know how to make the releases better

for future Revo shooters.

Shrt Rel Nuk-02.jpg

I’m pretty sure mine has the relief cut. I really liked it, but it dug a hole in my thumb. After MWP talked about using yours and his reload. I’m going to to try it again and reposition my thumb somehow.

Edited by SSGGlock

1 minute ago, SSGGlock said:

I’m pretty sure mine has the relief cut. I really liked it, but it dug a hole in my thumb. After MWP talked about using yours and his reload. I’m going to to try it and again and reposition my thumb somehow.

Sounds good, if I can be of any help you have my info.