Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

In The Zone

carinab

Had a hectic day of meetings and evil, tedious work...Picked up my daughter from preschool and we decided to get a pumpkin to carve for halloween tonite. She had gotten a pattern at school. I didn't have "the tools" so I improvised; a long finishing nail and a fillet knife. We taped the pattern to the pumpkin and after four minutes she announced she was going to go play. At first I thought, "No fair leaving me to the work." But then, I started zoning into it. The result: the best pumpkin I ever carved!

post-4300-1130813566_thumb.jpgpost-4300-1130813592_thumb.jpg

How about these pumpkins!!! Carved by the wife of a shooter at the Harvard Sportsman's Club in MA (IPSC club is the Harvard Action Shooters or HAS.) I proudly won them with the fastest time on a speed shotgun stage. 6 poppers and a pumpkin for 7 shots minimun. Fastest time won these works of art. Pretty cool....

Nick-

post-1459-1130883792_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nick Weidhaas

• 1 year later...

Just a couple of years later and here is the latest masterpiece. My daughter and I teamed up and made this one.

post-4300-1193621409.jpg

She cut the nose the ears and the mouth, I did the tricky bits. We've been munching on roasted pumpkin seeds fresh out of the oven, YUM! She's six now and is just a hoot! More entertaining than TV and ten times as smart! Every day with her is a gift!