Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xtreme Bullets 9mm 147 gr Round Nose Question

nhglyn

2 minutes ago, adamastergunner said:

I have used Xtreme bullets for all my reloading. I have had no issues. I currently am using 147gn for USPSA competition in my STI.

Round nose?  Any chance you can put a caliper to one and let me know the length from base to tip?

On 12/21/2020 at 3:34 PM, adamastergunner said:

I have used Xtreme bullets for all my reloading

I also have used Xtreme for a long time with zero issues. They make a good product that is very consistent bullet to bullet. Many have stayed away from Xtreme because the price was nearly comparable to HP's. You need to find out if plated are accurate in your gun. As far as OAL goes, please do the plunk test in your barrel to find the optimal length. You also need to take into OAL consideration if that length will feed from your particular magazines. Hope you have the same success I have had with Xtreme's.

XTreme currently, as I post this, has their 147gr RN on sale for 10% off.

They have quite a few other bullets on sale for 10% off ( 9mm 115gr and 124gr RN also 10% off right now).

You just have to look at their inventory to see which are on sale. I just purchased 4k of the HPCB 124gr which is the primary bullet I shoot....

https://www.xtremebullets.com/9mm-147-RN-p/xc9mm-147rn-b0500.htm

Edited by Sigarmsp226

XTreme no longer has the the option of ~20 USPS shipping on 2k bullets.  It's now ~27 UPS.  Considering USPS performance, that may not be a bad thing.  But for people who have purchased lately, it is not as good of a deal.

I have bought and shot a few thousand of Xtreme's 147 RN, they were only a few dollars more than the 124 RN that we normally load and shoot. Many advantages to a heavy bullet, less powder, less velocity, etc. 

When BassPro gets them in, they are 1.) cheaper than Xtreme and 2.) Often offer free shipping (and military discounts, too). Since Xtreme pulled down their bulk discounts, one can get them a lot cheaper from BPS when in stock...food for thought. :)

(I think I was paying $46 - discounts - cash-back site discount per 500 box of 147gr RN)

Edited by Terp