The Double Tap Championship

THE DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP -

Wichita Falls, Texas - Pop 104,000

March 24-26 2006

12 stages - two day format - 326 rounds

Friday - 12 stages all day shoot- 1/2 hour stages times

Sat. 8 stgs - Sun 4 Stgs

Large Prizes Table/ Awards Sunday

Sold out last year month ahead with 205 comptetitors inculding Max, Travis, Julie, Dave S. and 6 other GM's

Recoginzing all division including the 1911 divsion.

Match Fee $105 / JR -$55 before March 1

Entry form on web page/front sight in december 05

www.doubletapranch.com

Will be using the USPSA Self squading.

Edited by scorch

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Scorch,

Have you guys decided if you will let people shoot two guns at your match as we had discussed at North Texas Section Championships??

I would really like to shoot the whole match Open on Friday and Limited on the Weekend.............

A fun 650+ round weekend sounds like a good way to get started with next years match season......

Scorch,

I am trying to do my shooting budget for next year, any idea on room rates for the match? I have everything else, it sounds like a lot of fun.

Craig

Craig, the Econo Lodge, which is where a bunch of us stay is around 50 bucks a night.......

• 5 weeks later...

BIG LUCKY is right on the room rates most of the rooms on our web sight are around the 50-70 per night range.

We have posted the Entry form on our web sight but in fairness to all we will not be taking any entry post marked before jan 1 2006. to give everyone a chance to get in.

Got LOTS of folks e-mailing me about the match several from out of the country. looks like the match will be a sell out AGAIN.

Edited by scorch

Look for Chets "preview" of last years Double Tap Championship on our web sight this week (www.doubletapranch.com) its a little big at 7.8 mb but it shows a preview of all the stages. video is well done with lots of diferent camara angles

Edited by scorch

The Double Tap website states "9. All firearms must have safeties (if originally equipped) and they must operate."

See http://www.doubletapranch.com/safety.html

My pistol came with a grip safety and I disabled it. I recall reading a article in Frontsight that discussed this issue. I believe that the article stated that under USPSA, the match/range rules cannot require that the grip safety be functioning. This is a USPSA match. Are they requiring that the grip safety be functioning?????

A zone come on down we were up :P

Hey Woody, Thanks for reading the entire web site!.The gun saftey thing was posted when the rules stated that and has not been changed since the new rules have come out. The grip safety on most of my guns are pinned also. So disreguard that. we will update the page today. Thanks

Also Chet video is on the site as of today. 1-2-06 check it out its big 8 mb

Edited by scorch

Hey !

Sounds good to me. Talked to Allen, he seemed interested. Rick is going. They are using USPSA self squading. I drove this last week, 7 hours, not bad. Let's not wait too long to send in.

See Ya !

Got e-mails for entries coming from all over this year all ready, got several folks coming down from canada again and got couple e-mails wanting a invatation letter from over seas.

Stages will be posted around mid to late January on our web site. We will have 63+ walls. (4 x 8) in this match (half again as much as last year) losts of runing and guning

Edited by scorch

I look forward to this match Robert. My application as well as the rest of the Dallas bunch went in the mail today. I hope I learn something from Max and Travis next month to make the next level.