Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Make the X5 Legion great again!

Chillywig

I really want to like the X5 legion but haven't really warmed up to it yet. I know Max Michel used it to win HOA at area 5, and me using his gun would not get me there. But I bet his gun has some secrets squirrel parts in there that I need to know about. Only additions I've done you can't see here is a lighter recoil spring and I had Sig replace the factory barrel with one that does not have the LCI. What all needs done to make the X5 great?

20201024_152803_resized_1.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Gray Guns trigger sear and springs kit and Armory Craft adjustable triggers in both of my guns and those additions make the guns just fantastic in my opinion. I've gone back to the 14lb recoil spring as well. It just flattens the gun out a ton, locks it up much better and thus makes it more accurate. 

Don't think you can get close. I'm at 45.4oz(w74 tungsten gr, silicon carbide grip w/extra epoxy on the back strap, springer plate, romeo3 XL and tti bp). A springer gr will add a little but that's about it,  but might be nose heavy. It is heavy enough. And I came from a 57oz open gun. 

Edited by echotango

How does the old adage go? It's the Indian and not the arrow.. I'm sure you can give Max Michel a Hi-Point and he'll mop the competition with it. To go with what people have already mentioned, a good handload will be beneficial as well. Why fight a stout load (recoil) if you don't have to? I shoot 133PF and it feels almost like cheating from the Legion. 

Edited by 021411

6 hours ago, Chillywig said:

I really want to like the X5 legion but haven't really warmed up to it yet. I know Max Michel used it to win HOA at area 5, and me using his gun would not get me there. But I bet his gun has some secrets squirrel parts in there that I need to know about. Only additions I've done you can't see here is a lighter recoil spring and I had Sig replace the factory barrel with one that does not have the LCI. What all needs done to make the X5 great?

20201024_152803_resized_1.jpg

The secret is, he doesn’t use a legion at all. It’s a pieced together p320. X5 slide, barsto barrel, legion lower with Lenny magill trigger work.

Edited by Rich406

I have the powder puff 147 load and a steel gripped open gun, but for some reason want to make the legion into something I really like. And I know Max's gun won't make me shoot like him but I bet I would like his gun better than mine. Trigger is probably the thing I need to address first. The factory one isn't terrible but there's room for improvement. Looking at the Gray Guns trigger sear and springs kit - they don't sell it as separate parts? So I have to buy the whole $150 kit https://grayguns.com/product/p320-adjustable-straight-trigger-system-competition/ and throw the trigger away when I get the good adjustable trigger from Armory Craft? 

6 minutes ago, Chillywig said:

I have the powder puff 147 load and a steel gripped open gun, but for some reason want to make the legion into something I really like. And I know Max's gun won't make me shoot like him but I bet I would like his gun better than mine. Trigger is probably the thing I need to address first. The factory one isn't terrible but there's room for improvement. Looking at the Gray Guns trigger sear and springs kit - they don't sell it as separate parts? So I have to buy the whole $150 kit https://grayguns.com/product/p320-adjustable-straight-trigger-system-competition/ and throw the trigger away when I get the good adjustable trigger from Armory Craft? 

Correct.  As far as I know the only difference between the Armory Craft and the Gray Guns is that the AC has second adjustable screw to shorten the reset.  

It does hurt to have the GG trigger sitting on the self.  The shortened reset is nice, but I am not good enough for it to matter/tell you if it is worth it.

29 minutes ago, Rich406 said:

The secret is, he doesn’t use a legion at all. It’s a pieced together p320. X5 slide, barsto barrel, legion lower with Lenny magill trigger work.

Seriously, Lenny Magill? Thought he was the Glock king!

Just now, titandriver said:

Seriously, Lenny Magill? Thought he was the Glock king!

From what I’ve heard, his trigger job is quite good. There are a few people testing it for him. Supposedly he plans to mass produce it at some point under the glockstore name. The glockstore also carries p320 parts now, I guess he’s branching out..

34 minutes ago, echotango said:

I shot that trigger today. It is amazing. Super short travel and reset.  However, it will not be available for a while.  

So is it better than the GG $150 plus AC $90 combo? Estimate on street price and ETA???

9 minutes ago, Chillywig said:

So is it better than the GG $150 plus AC $90 combo? Estimate on street price and ETA???

It’s been around for over a year now. I don’t think it will be available publicly any time soon.

3 hours ago, Rich406 said:

The Sig Armorer (Burke) has worked on Max’s guns for years, first I have heard about Lenny

14 minutes ago, Goose78 said:

Since we are talking about the X5 and ad ons figured I’d ask it here,  those that have the tungsten guide rod do you actually notice the difference and do you think it’s worth it? Or is that $125 better spent on ammo? 

I had one before. I replaced it with the steel guide rod and the feel/transitions were better. You’ll be better off spending the money on the $20 steel guide rod and ammo.

8 hours ago, Rich406 said:

He mentions it on his paid training page. I’d guess the change was fairly recent.

Sig Armorer has been doing MM triggers for years. All of you talking about just adding a kit will still not get the smoothness or pull of a Sig Armor complete job. 

https://www.thesigarmorer.com/?fbclid=IwAR2HcCS8RlSufnPJ7hO9E-eY2Z9Z4WPnJ2gzaVCn_YeYqR48a4Fm3bbML1M#home-1

1 hour ago, Jeff_Alan said:

Sig Armorer has been doing MM triggers for years. All of you talking about just adding a kit will still not get the smoothness or pull of a Sig Armor complete job. 

https://www.thesigarmorer.com/?fbclid=IwAR2HcCS8RlSufnPJ7hO9E-eY2Z9Z4WPnJ2gzaVCn_YeYqR48a4Fm3bbML1M#home-1

I use the TSA trigger. It’s good. The magill trigger must be incredible to get him to switch..