Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Make the X5 Legion great again!

Chillywig

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello: For me the stainless steel guide rod is just as fast as the tungsten guide rod on target drills with the Legion grip on a regular P320 X5. With the regular P320 X5 the tungsten guide rod with the regular grip is a nice addition. I shoot 124's so that may have something to do with it. Thanks, Eric

3 minutes ago, Chillywig said:

OK so the GR in my Legion is metal - and a magnet sticks to it so its carbon. What's the difference with the SS GR vs carbon steel?

Pretty much no difference. Those guide rods were developed before the legion was released, for the p320 x5, that had a captured guide rod. 

Edited by Rich406

2 minutes ago, Chillywig said:

And the only loads I have shot out of my legion (or my reloads) have been 147 RN blues at ~129 PF. Why do the snappier lighter bullets work better vs every other production type gun that seems to like 147s?

Personal preference. Coming from open, I prefer the faster snappier feel of 124's vs the soft slow push of 147's. 

I have been using universal clays for my 147 PCC/CO loads. In open I liked the 115s - more powder = more gas to work comp/ popples? Where's the sweet spot in a heavy X5? Light bullets with fast or slower gassy powder?

8 hours ago, Chillywig said:

I have been using universal clays for my 147 PCC/CO loads. In open I liked the 115s - more powder = more gas to work comp/ popples? Where's the sweet spot in a heavy X5? Light bullets with fast or slower gassy powder?

I’m currently using 135 TC Blues with 3.6gr. of Prima V.  With the non-LCI replacement barrel, it’s 132PF, excellent accuracy. When the Prima V is gone, will switch to Sport Pistol. 

Edited by OPENB

On 10/24/2020 at 3:11 PM, R.Elliott said:

I have the Gray Guns trigger sear and springs kit and Armory Craft adjustable triggers in both of my guns and those additions make the guns just fantastic in my opinion. I've gone back to the 14lb recoil spring as well. It just flattens the gun out a ton, locks it up much better and thus makes it more accurate. 

I have the same setup, but may need to try out the 14lb spring...  I shot 124gr through it with just the GG kit only, but haven't been able to give it a proper run with AC trigger yet....  work and ammo shortages have kept me out of the comps this year.

Hello: I like the quick slide movement of the 124's with a 14lb recoil spring. It gets back on target quicker so my splits are faster. I also like the dot to return quicker so I get a little longer to focus on the target. That one is hard to explain since it is a visual thing. Kinda like shooting 230 grain 45acp loads and 180 grain loads. If you like fast light acting pistols use the 124's, if you like the slower chunk chunk acting pistol then use 147's. Accuracy is better with the 124's also. I am still going to try some 115's to see how they do since I have only tried 124, 125, 130, 135, 145 and 147's so far. Oh ya and some 121's I will try also. Powders I am using are Tite Group and Clean Shot so far. I have some others to try. Thanks, Eric

On 10/25/2020 at 8:27 AM, Degnan said:

I am interested what P320 configuration Mason Lane is using to shoot Limited Nationals right now since there is no .40 cal option for the X-Five Legion. 

P320 .40 4.7" full size upper, Legion Grip, Fat guide rod, GG trigger, etc....

SSI sells a tungsten grip weight/plug if you really want/need to add weight above and beyond a tungsten guide rod, tungsten infused grip, and extra tungsten/silicon carbide built up on the grip module itself. After that I don't think there is much else. Personally I like the Legion grip module on a regular X5 or P320 4.7" full size. I agree with the 13 or 14 pound spring. The 10 felt way too light and not snappy or fast enough. 

23 hours ago, Posvar said:

P320 .40 4.7" full size upper, Legion Grip, Fat guide rod, GG trigger, etc....

I did this for an economical limited gun. Picked up a CPO P320 40 full size from CDNN, swapped on some Dawson sights, Springer guide rod. Sig makes 18rd. mags, put on TTI bases for 20rds. reloadable. Put the top end on my Legion lower with GG trigger, bolt the magwell back on.

Edited by OPENB

I went down this rabbit hole and so far I'm happy with where I landed.  The Sig Armorer installed a match fit Barsto and competition trigger job.  I added a tungsten guide rod and grip slug.  It also groups 125gr RN Precision Bullet with 4.0gr WST (1.125") as well as their 147gr FP 3.4gr WST (1.13"), Winchester SPP.

Edited by Stician

On 10/28/2020 at 7:55 AM, OPENB said:

I did this for an economical limited gun. Picked up a CPO P320 40 full size from CDNN, swapped on some Dawson sights, Springer guide rod. Sig makes 18rd. mags, put on TTI bases for 20rds. reloadable. Put the top end on my Legion lower with GG trigger, bolt the magwell back on.

How does this combo shoot?

1 hour ago, Posvar said:

How does this combo shoot?

Shoots well. It’ll never be confused for a 2011, but for a quarter of the cost, it’s not bad. A real X5 Legion in 40 with a bull barrel, and adjustable sights would be better.

I finally just order the GG comp trigger kit and AC trigger. I know the trigger break/reset was what was causing me to dislike the dot tracking in dry fire vs an open gun. I am also wondering if I should get rid of the "thumb rest" as I may not be getting consistent pressure against that wedge and causing the dot to wonder? I had also toyed with the idea of cutting down the height of the wedge "thumb rest" and maybe making it a little wider with more grippy tape or JB weld?

Just now, Chillywig said:

I finally just order the GG comp trigger kit and AC trigger. I know the trigger break/reset was what was causing me to dislike the dot tracking in dry fire vs an open gun. I am also wondering if I should get rid of the "thumb rest" as I may not be getting consistent pressure against that wedge and causing the dot to wonder? I had also toyed with the idea of cutting down the height of the wedge "thumb rest" and maybe making it a little wider with more grippy tape or JB weld?

The *thumb rest [generic]* did that to me and created inconsistencies in live fire