Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Brass Marker. The best thing since sliced bread

MJF

I recently purchased the DAA brass marker to make it much easier to find my brass at the range. I was able to mark 1,000 rounds while watching tv and talking on the phone. The brass marker is now hooked up to my Dillon 550B, and every round gets marked automatically as it discharges from the press. 

DAA.jpg

• 1 month later...

Plus, if you're as OCD as I am, you can color code your ammo for pressure or power factor with one ring, ie. Purple for Major, Red for Factory, Green for Mouse Fart, and bullet weight with the other ring.  Then of course you can color code the head of the case for times fired.

Nolan

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for the Range panda.  I freaking love the combo.  IMO, the default with the sharpies just does not do a good enough job of marking my 9mm.  I would often have to run it back through a second time, especially if I was just using one marker.  

Very very happy with the Range Panda Merck.  Only complaint there is that it gets a bit messy as the marks don't dry quickly (in my basement in the winter anyway.) I'll bet it dries faster in the summer and after the marker is a bit more worn in.

I had a piece of scrap wood, 1x2 I think, that I drilled a shallow hole 1/2 way through near one end. The hole was just larger that whatever caliber brass I was using. Then I zip-tied a sharpie to the wood block. I could put in a loaded round in the hole, give it a quick turn and get a nice stripe around the case.  It worked fine for a non-tech, cheapskate solution.