Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Happy Birthday Eric Wesselman

schmitz

"Shooting (Duh!)<br>Flying<br>Paddling<br>Upland Hunting"

and your birthday...94 You oldie!

You were the first one I contacted after I joined this forum.

I was overwhealmed by pics (on your site) showing the Spokane-area in all its Glory.

Have a nice one, to you and Zuzu!

Beren.jpg

Henny.

Edited by schmitz

Happy Birthday Eric! A great guy who helped a noob get started in this sport and was patient enough to wade through all the questions. It is guys like Eric (i.e. Scott Springer, Geoff Linder, Benny Hill, Larry White et al) that keep guys like me from frustrating themselves right out of the grand game.

Leave it to schmitz to think of a clever new way to cater your party, though. Good job! LOL...!

I love bears, I love birthdays (this means one survived another year), it seemed appropriate to post a pict of my bears to celibrate EW's birthday, no matter what happened.....

(@Charlene, Merlin talked me out of my negative thoughts, so I will be around.)

Eric?

Edited by schmitz

Thanks for the bears, Schmitz! :)

I'm around, if for no other reason than to suck the knowledge base dry on how to get my MOR running.

I'm pretty much done with IPSC for a (probably long) while and shooting lots of Sporting Clays, which is an absolute ball now that I have the GTI. It may be the Indian, not the arrow, but having a really good bow sure made this Indian shoot better. Today is my real birthday, so as my present to me, I went out and shot just shy of 250 rounds at the clays range north of my house. 12 y.o. Jedi Master Trapper, Oleg wasn't working today, but I managed to have a ball anyway.

Shooting is finally fun again. The timer has been relegated to chrono duty only, and I'm learning something every time I pull the trigger. To me that's the best birthday present I've ever had.

I'm pretty much done with IPSC for a (probably long) while and shooting lots of Sporting Clays, which is an absolute ball now that I have the GTI.

Shooting is finally fun again. The timer has been relegated to chrono duty only, and I'm learning something every time I pull the trigger.

Happy Birthday Eric.

So what lead to your decision to take a hiatus from shooting IPSC? Thanks.

Edited by chp5

I was putting so much pressure on myself to be something I'm not and don't have the temperament to be, it wasn't fun anymore. I successfully turned IPSC shooting into ditch-digging. At least when I dug ditches for a living, I got paid. No one in their right mind would give me 10 cents to shoot an IPSC match.

There's a lot of other reasons I don't want to shoot the IPSC-style stuff: the gear-intensiveness of it all, then there's shooting indoors for half the year (which I hate for various reasons). 3-gun has been a total disaster for me too. It seemed like it would be cool and fun. It turned out to be tunnel digging. And that's mostly what people want to do anymore. I'm not on Hogan's Heroes, so I'll leave the tunneling to better qualified candidates.

I'd be happy to master just one gun, and I think that's just what I'll go do.

I was putting so much pressure on myself to be something I'm not and don't have the temperament to be, it wasn't fun anymore. I successfully turned IPSC shooting into ditch-digging. At least when I dug ditches for a living, I got paid. No one in their right mind would give me 10 cents to shoot an IPSC match.

There's a lot of other reasons I don't want to shoot the IPSC-style stuff: the gear-intensiveness of it all, then there's shooting indoors for half the year (which I hate for various reasons). 3-gun has been a total disaster for me too. It seemed like it would be cool and fun. It turned out to be tunnel digging. And that's mostly what people want to do anymore. I'm not on Hogan's Heroes, so I'll leave the tunneling to better qualified candidates.

Cool. I understand. Good luck Eric.

Cy

Sporting Clays can be just as equipment intense as IPSC depending on the level you want to try to obtain. In the off season I shoot skeet & ocassionally registered 4 gauge matches but how much a person can win goes back to individual ability. I find the shotgun sports to be a lot more expensive to compete in as my el cheapo shotgun outfit cost over $3000 or twice my IPSC gun. Shells are more expensive and don't reload near as long.

I hope you won't give up TruGrip development until after you market one for a Para, can't you just feel the love. Too much E-Ring.