Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Christmas Time At Dan Bedell's House

DJPoLo

lynn, the real laughing will start when Paul Whitacre comes up here again in a few weeks to go whitetail huntin' with me and all my buddies. i am hoping for about 2 feet of snow and record cold weather to see how that florida boy holds up to the conditions. :lol::lol::lol: we will have lots of pics to post after the southern boys encounter with the cold weather and the fact that he will be the only hick in a cabin full of yankees and that's never a good combination. :o:o:o

Dan,

Opening weekend in NY-no thanks!

I was stationed at Drum for a few years (and loved it!) but all the folks in the woods on opening weekend was a bit too much.

I remember a T shirt commemorating opening day-it was had a picture of a small patch of woods with a zillion orange vests showing through the green.

There was, of course, the story about the fellow from NYC checking in his deer at the station. He had shot a doberman. Likely a wives tale.

When your friend Paul comes to the cabin, just play the soundtrack from Deliverence-should be fine.

Dave

i hunt a large piece of private land owned by a friend of mine. there are about 14 of us out there on opening day and the property is big enough that you won't see anyone while you're out there. i refuse to hunt state land because there are too many idiots out in the woods that will shoot at anything. when people think new york they think big tall buildings and lots of concrete and traffic which is true about new york city but where i hunt it's nothing but rolling hills, lots of woods and lots of deer. i am in western new york just outside of buffalo and it's nothing like the big toilet bowl of new york city. here's a few pics of the area i hunt and the cabin which is complete with satellite TV.

post-4731-1129647356_thumb.jpg

post-4731-1129647379_thumb.jpg

post-4731-1129647410_thumb.jpg

Edited by BEDELLCUSTOM

i hunt a large piece of private land owned by a friend of mine. there are about 14 of us out there on opening day and the property is big enough that you won't see anyone while you're out there. i refuse to hunt state land because there are too many idiots out in the woods that will shoot at anything. when people think new york they think big tall buildings and lots of concrete and traffic which is true about new york city but where i hunt it's nothing but rolling hills, lots of woods and lots of deer. i am in western new york just outside of buffalo and it's nothing like the big toilet bowl of new york city. here's a few pics of the area i hunt and the cabin which is complete with satellite TV.

Just want to agree with Dan and stick up for my State. New York is a HUGE State, and 90% of it is incredibly beautiful. We have the Adirondacks, the Hudson, Niagara Falls, and too much else to list. I live forty minutes outside of NYC and it's only another forty minutes drive North to be in land that could only be described as the complete opposite of the City. Unfortunately we live in a Democratic Society, where the majority rules. In New York more than half of our population lives in NYC, so guess what happens at voting time. It's a matter of statistics that 51% of a population is below average intelligence (otherwise there's no average)! Guess what percentage it takes to win an election? I imagine Californians suffer from the same problem, a beautiful state that just happens to have major population centers that give the good folks and nice land a bad reputation.

Edited by R112mercer

I'm not gonna wear any orange, that way they can't get a bead on me as easy. With as many clothes as I plan on wearin when it's cold if I fall I'm gonna look like Ralphie's little Brother from the Christmas story. And I am bringin my own sleeping bag and a 454 snub nose just in case on of the NY Boyz gets cold. That'll warm them right up. I just hope they can understand me, Dan always says that my hick is showing and of course ever time I look down to see if the barn door is open. What the hell dim boyz be sayun is way beyond me.

paul, here's one of the rules at camp, if you're gonna go to sleep make sure it's in your bunk because that's the only safe place, if you pass out anywhere else when you wake you might look a little different or something worse. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, use this information wisely! :lol::lol:

• 1 month later...