Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primary Machine Optic Mount Experience?

sitw

Looking to see if anyone has experience with them or has had any work done.  Been looking to get some work done and the communication style has me concerned.  Feedback appreciated.  Thanks.

I've been very pleased with the work they've done for me in the past and I've actually not had any issues regarding communication.  Much like any other in-demand smiths and shops, they don't have a ton of time to sit around and respond to all questions.  Not making any excuse, it's just the reality of the situation.  I think you'll be very pleased with any work done by them, assuming that they are able to do the work that you are asking of them.  They are jam-packed with their "bread and butter" products so they don't have time to do one-off projects; I've asked in the past and they very politely let me know their current workload just wouldn't allow it.

Thanks for the recommendations, guys.

If I'm ever short in my emails, I apologize as I don't mean to come off that way. I simply want to answer you guys' questions as quickly and efficiently as possible as unfortunately, answering emails is only 1 of my other 40 job duties. lol

Thanks!

Some may want explanation and detail on the work they are paying $200+.  They also may be smarter than the average 3rd grader and can handle the technical explanation.  Hate to get the wrong work completed due to lack of clear communication. 

Working with customers and the public can suck, but a necessary evil at times.  Really sucks in the automotive sector where margins can actually be negative on some business.  Thanks for all who responded, special thanks to Bruce.

Had my P09 9MM done several years ago.  Liked it so well I sent the P07 off for the same work about a week later.  Then I had them refinish a pretty ragged looking Pre B CZ85 a few months after that (two tone cerakote on that one).

TejTBhc.jpg.76feb3b3ed93069659471c90fa097f2f.jpg

Edited by M1A4ME

These guys are good. Had them cut a G17 slide for a Leupold DPP, and it came out perfect. I’ve shot at least 5k and nothing has moved. They did the  nitride treatment and so far not a mark anywhere.

• 5 months later...