Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Passing The Bar Exam

Jeeper

I know that the two months leading up to when my spouse sat for the Bar exam and then the 3 months of waiting for the results was the most stressful period of her life. It borders on cruel and unusual punishment. I'm thankful I was in TX and LA at the time. :ph34r:

Congratulations!

Congrats!!

I've taken two: GA and FLA.

I took FLA right out of law school and it was no problem.

I took GA years later while working full time for the new firm. That was horrible! The longer you're out of law school the harder it is because you focus only on your practice area. You don't think about things like Constitutional law, criminal law, real property, etc (depending on your practice area). It all worked out though.

What are your plans now Jeeper?

Now, get out there and learn the 14 million things about the law they didn't teach you in law school :D

x2. The learning curve in the first two years is definitely humbling.

Congrats.

I know that isn't an understatement!

Thanks everyone. I took the Patent Bar exam two years ago and my stress level for that was nothing compared to this. Now I just need to get a job. I was an engineer before law school and wanted to do patent work but now my focus has changed to Family law. I am trying to get work on some pro bono projects right now to make some contacts in that field. It is a little harder for me since I went to law school in Texas but decided to move back to Arizona to practice at the last minute. I don't really have any contacts out here yet.

I know that isn't an understatement!

Thanks everyone.  I took the Patent Bar exam two years ago and my stress level for that was nothing compared to this.  Now I just need to get a job.  I was an engineer before law school and wanted to do patent work but now my focus has changed to Family law.  I am trying to get work on some pro bono projects right now to make some contacts in that field.  It is a little harder for me since I went to law school in Texas but decided to move back to Arizona to practice at the last minute.  I don't really have any contacts out here yet.

If you can handle the inherent negatives in family law, go for it. I did some family law work as an intern and the absence of logic, reasoning, and the level of acrimony from both parties just plain depressed me.

I was just the opposite. In school, I thought I would either go into family law or elder law (great job security here) but I ended up working for a steel fabrication company for a while. The patents that I filed (with the help of outside counsel) were actually fun.

Now I'm thinking about opening up an ice cream shop LOL! :D

Good job and congrats!

Now use your powers for good instead of evil and become a persecu ... uh, I mean, prosecutor!

I have an application in to Maricopa County. I am also looking at Pima and Conconino County since they are listing openings as well. You office isnt listing anything open.

Congratulations and welcome to the profession. You should quickly become accustomed to the lawyer jokes and more comments like “You DAMN LAWYER!” (Its actually all very funny after a while) as well as the endless requests for free legal advice from family & friends. I would avoid Thanksgiving like the plague were I in your shoes.

Congratulations and welcome to the profession. You should quickly become accustomed to the lawyer jokes and more comments like “You DAMN LAWYER!” (Its actually all very funny after a while) as well as the endless requests for free legal advice from family & friends. I would avoid Thanksgiving like the plague were I in your shoes.

The first christmas after I went to law school I got about 20 different lawyer joke books as presents. I recently got married and my bothers best man speech had a lawyer joke.

The "you damn lawyer" comment is only from someguy who I dont even know who he is? All I remember is some B class sandbagger at area 4 :P