Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Non-ambi wide safety

Diesel24v

Is there a good option for a wide non ambi wide safety. I am a right handed shooter.  I see a ton of ambi but I don’t really want that. Having issues with my safety on my 2011 during competition and need one that is wide. What do you have?  

Check shooters connection.. a quick search and you’ll find several wide single side safety options. Ed brown, Wilson, EGW options available among others. I went with a single side safety on my custom build and I don’t regret it. I frequently had issues with my right hand getting in the way of the right side safety, going to single side fixed that entirely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

40 minutes ago, shooterDrew said:

Check shooters connection.. a quick search and you’ll find several wide single side safety options. Ed brown, Wilson, EGW options available among others. I went with a single side safety on my custom build and I don’t regret it. I frequently had issues with my right hand getting in the way of the right side safety, going to single side fixed that entirely.

I looked on there and I didn’t feel the ones they had looked very wide. Maybe the pics are deceiving?  

I looked on there and I didn’t feel the ones they had looked very wide. Maybe the pics are deceiving?  

I think you’d find them considerably wider than the ones on your edge. Those are pretty narrow. However I’d guess you could find even larger ones from some of the other companies mentioned by the other post.

23 minutes ago, shooterDrew said:

I think you’d find them considerably wider than the ones on your edge. Those are pretty narrow. However I’d guess you could find even larger ones from some of the other companies mentioned by the other post.

I wondered if the pictures were deceiving.  I saw some that said wife and by the picture it looked about the same as what I have.  I’ll give one a try. Thanks!

On 1/13/2020 at 6:58 AM, muncie21 said:

I have an extra wide, single sided safety from SV.  Perfect fit for my thumb and required next to no fitting on my SV.

SV_Wide_Safety.thumb.jpg.75a17906c4fb3bcf8cbc2d1b640e666f.jpg

This is what I use.  It's a nice piece.  As an added bonus, it props the gun up enough that you don't have to worry about bumping the mag release on table starts.

On 1/15/2020 at 8:09 AM, Diesel24v said:

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!  I am going to look into some of these and see which is the best fit for me.  

What did you order? I’d get the SV as stated above if you haven’t made a choice yet. 

23 hours ago, Posvar said:

What did you order? I’d get the SV as stated above if you haven’t made a choice yet. 

I am planning to order and SV as it looks like it is what I am after.  

15 hours ago, Hperea said:

I don't know if someone asked this but, what pistol is it for? 

I don't believe anyone has.  It is for an STI Edge.