Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Stuff?

Tophernj

Is CZ dropping anything at SHOT show that I should know about?  I'm wondering if they are going to add any optics cut slides to the line-up?  I'm considering adding a pistol to my safe this year and would like someting milled from the factory.  

Thanks all. 

3 minutes ago, shred said:

Supposedly a single-action-only Shadow 2. That will make the Production list fun.

Probably a bunch of other stuff too.

I think that's on their website already.  

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-shadow-2-sa/

Is/would that be allowed in CO?  

I'm a complete newbie.  My understanding is that CO must be SA/DA or DA.  

Edited by Tophernj

Not likely to be allowed in PD or CO. "DA" first shot (although many striker guns actually don't) is required.

Big can of worms best not-opened by USPSA adding "Except SAO" to the PD list entry by Shadow 2.

2 minutes ago, shred said:

Not likely to be allowed in PD or CO. "DA" first shot (although many striker guns actually don't) is required.

Big can of worms best not-opened by USPSA adding "Except SAO" to the PD list entry by Shadow 2.

Thanks.

I'd love a Shadow2 milled for a dot from CZ directly.  It's what I hope someone says is going to be released.  

27 minutes ago, Tophernj said:

Thanks.

I'd love a Shadow2 milled for a dot from CZ directly.  It's what I hope someone says is going to be released.  

That already exists, but doesn't meet weight for CO.

38 minutes ago, shred said:

Supposedly a single-action-only Shadow 2. That will make the Production list fun.

Probably a bunch of other stuff too.

Whoa. First time hearing about this. Cool that they are offering it SAO from the factory now. That curved blue trigger is kinda hideous though.

17 minutes ago, KyleJ said:

Sao Shadow 2 is news for me also. Kind of an interesting offering between the TSO, Shadow 2 orange and this new SAO. 

Yeah, not sure where the SAO Shadow 2 fits in with the others, while it’s a sweet offering it doesn’t really fit into any category for USPSA shooting. It will be great for those that just want to punch holes in paper and have an awesome gun for it.

18 minutes ago, mveto said:

Yeah, not sure where the SAO Shadow 2 fits in with the others, while it’s a sweet offering it doesn’t really fit into any category for USPSA shooting. It will be great for those that just want to punch holes in paper and have an awesome gun for it.

My only thought is that some people prefer the Shadow frame to the TS/Czechmate frame. Still a strange offering considering how easy it is to make the Shadow 2 SAO. 

I think it shows competition doesn’t really drive CZ sales. I’ll bet they sell more 9mm TSO’s then they do 40 cal TSO’s. 
lots of ppl buy guns just to target shoot. 
(I don’t understand these ppl but hey, what do I know 😎). 

30 minutes ago, KyleJ said:

My only thought is that some people prefer the Shadow frame to the TS/Czechmate frame. Still a strange offering considering how easy it is to make the Shadow 2 SAO. 

It’s not really a strange offering since CZ doesn’t really have to do much to make it SAO. Besides, they probably think that they’ll make mote sales/profit since not a lot of buyers compete. Some just want the convenience of having one out of the box the way they want it to.

They discontinued all the other SA only offerings except the TSO.

so this gives the an SA gun in the 1k range. 

lots of shooters don’t like the bother of having to customize to get a gun they want. Lot more than competition shooters getting into CZ now.

6 hours ago, Tophernj said:

They offer a Shadow2 milled for a dot?  

Yes, available in other countries. It meets the requirements for ipsc divisions but not USPSA which is the governing body here in the U.S.. So we may never see it here...😪😪

9 hours ago, robbiespratt said:

Yes, available in other countries. It meets the requirements for ipsc divisions but not USPSA which is the governing body here in the U.S.. So we may never see it here...😪😪

Gotcha.  Thanks for the clarification.