Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scott Extra Soft Toilet Paper

diehli

It's funny that you should bring this up right now. Last week I stopped at a different store and got Scott "regular" tissue. Man that crap (no pun intended) was slicker'n deer guts on a door knob. My family was visiting and wanted to know if I was on hard times and couldn't afford "good" paper. I had to run out and get some Charmin. You could hear a collective sigh of relief around here.

Mike

Okay....not the topic I would have expected on brian's forums

Wha? :huh:http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9886

It's funny that you should bring this up right now.  Last week I stopped at a different store and got Scott "regular" tissue.  Man that crap (no pun intended) was slicker'n deer guts on a door knob.  My family was visiting and wanted to know if I was on hard times and couldn't afford "good" paper.

I grew up with the stuff. I'm a crumpler and Scott lasts longer and flushes better than Charmin and the other TP like that. Plus, it kinda reminds me of silk... cheap, thin, sticks-to-your-arse silk. The new Extra Soft flushes even better, doesn't stick to your bum, and is great at its job.

300#G, I'm sure you'd like this better...

It'd probably give me hives. I know I have to mute my TV when he, his VP (kinda reminds me of Satan's butt-buddy in South Park), the Governator, CA Senators, Schmuck Chew-more, Teddy "The Tank" Kennedy, or pretty much any other pole is on TV so that I don't search for an icepick to remove my eardrums.

Man, I sure do love that toilet paper. :)

I have to mute my TV when he, his VP (kinda reminds me of Satan's butt-buddy in South Park), the Governator, CA Senators, Schmuck Chew-more, Teddy "The Tank" Kennedy, or pretty much any other pole is on TV so that I don't search for an icepick to remove my eardrums

Me 2 on that!

I grew up with the stuff. I'm a crumpler and Scott lasts longer and flushes better than Charmin and the other TP like that. Plus, it kinda reminds me of silk... cheap, thin, sticks-to-your-arse silk. The new Extra Soft flushes even better, doesn't stick to your bum, and is great at its job.

There is the problem, I am a folder.. :lol:

Mike

Go to Europe and spend some time. Those folks have TP that makes brown paper towels you might use in your shop look soft.

On the other hand...the "Enterprise factor" is higher given the greater, uh, traction.

Enterprise Factor = Circles Uranus wiping out Klingons.

25 years ago I worked for a family from Germany. They had relatives on both sides of the wall and once a year would go over for a visit. They always took a large suitcase FULL of Charmin. They claimed they could sell it on the black market in East Germany for big $$$. They brought home a roll of East German TP. No wonder those guys were so tough!

Ok, so I come home from work and after taking care of a chore or two I make my way to the privy. The whole time all I could do was laugh thinking of the PTF, clingons, folding vs. wadding, and East German brownpaper. My wife thought I had lost my mind... :lol:

Edited by Middle Man

I spent some time in Czechoslovakia in 1991 and later. The old proletariat TP was like very thinly sliced particle board. Made the store brand from Ralph's seem like top of the line! I had one suit case that would carry TP in and carry fine Bohemian crystal out.

Later,

Chuck

PS: I did not check to see if there was a thread on toilet design but has anyone seen the model in Europe with what has been called the "Admiration Shelf"? The critical target area is completely above the water line. Whew........

Yeah, I never understand guys' particularness about toilet paper. It almost sounds like which mascara last longer, easy to apply, makes lash longer and fuller, keeps the curl, and easy to wash out. what a big deal??? :P

AHA!!! 

It's the infamous Toilet Paper Thread re-born!!!  Say hallelujah!! 

Let's everyone flush!!! :lol:

I did not check to see if there was a thread on toilet design but has anyone seen the model in Europe with what has been called the "Admiration Shelf"? The critical target area is completely above the water line. Whew........

It's designed that way to make sure your ass doesn't get wet until you hit the bidet......

I have to admit it, I'm a bit of a tp snob. If I'm going to be staying in a hotel for more than a couple nights, I've been known to purchase my own and sneak it in to my room. I don't trust that John Wayne stuff...too much FPT for me and I'm a big fan of clean hands. Our match treasurer was upset with me last night because he found out that when I ordered the porta pots for our state match I ordered an outdoor hand washing station to go with each one. I need to point him to this thread.

:ph34r:

WOW...... we are really getting old if we have a thread devoted to the merits of toilet paper.

NEXT WEEK:

Dulcolax vs Metamucil: the big guns square off for a showdown on who delivers the goods.

Folders vs Crumplers: let's get to the bottom of this disagreement once and for all.

Edited by bountyhunter