Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blue Bullets Questions

GregJ

Currently shooting BBI 125s CN in my CZ S2/CO (75 backup) and my Sig MPX.  I will probably be switching over to Blue Bullets soon. 

Two questions:

- BBI are .356, Blues are .355 with option for .356.   Any reason for special ordering the .356 from Blue Bullets? Or stick with the .355?

- Given the above firearms, which bullet profile with the Blue Bullets, RN or TC?

Most guns will be fine with .355, but there's no way to just know what will be better in yours. Your options would be try a sample pack and see how they do. Or slug the barrel. If it were me I'd go with the sample pack. If my gun didn't like them I'd use them up in practice and order the .356 to try.

135 gr. TC work great in my SP01.  I load to 1.120.  I use .355  when I first started reloading. I had some issues with .356 from another manufacturer but I am sure I didn't have my dies adjusted correctly.  .356 will be OK.

I plunk tested some 147 FP @ 1.125 today in my SP01 and they were fine.  I plan on shooting them Friday. I really like the 147s in my Walther. The profile is better than RN and work in all my 9mm pistols.

On 12/3/2019 at 1:09 PM, chevrofreak said:

I would lean toward going .356 personally.   I have loaded a ton of them in .355 and had quite a few that came out of the case despite using a Lee FCD. 

I thought the FCD wasn’t recommended with lead or coated bullets because it swages the bullet and causes the problem you are seeing? 

4 minutes ago, robb315 said:

I thought the FCD wasn’t recommended with lead or coated bullets because it swages the bullet and causes the problem you are seeing? 

You can easily adjust the FCD to just remove the bell created for seating the bullet.

Dave

11 hours ago, robb315 said:

Ahh. Sounds like Chevro needs to make an adjustment. There’s no reason a .355 bullet should fall out of the case. 

I don't have the adjustable crimp touching the case at all, and I have never had any other bullets just straight up loose enough in the case to fall out or be able to be pulled out.