Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas Erebus Owners?

NiteQwill

On 12/7/2019 at 9:51 PM, falconpilot said:

Owner of that one on kens list says he is having elbow problems so who knows..

I dry-fired that gun Saturday night. It’s a fantastic pistol! The guy who’s selling it is a friend of mine. He hurt his elbow at CrossFit, and is having a problem shooting, (likely needs surgery). Poor guy.. 

Shot one this weekend, 500 rds on Saturday and another 500 on Sunday. Extremely well built, very accurate, tight side to frame fit. Aluminum Cheely E2 grip so not real heavy, SRO on top. Needs more break in as once it was dirty the light recoil spring kept it out of battery from time to time doing drills. Load was just general minor load of 4.2gr N320  @ 1.13 with 125 SNS (no issues feeding at this length with MBX mags) so the comp wasn't really a factor. Once a round is built, it should be very fast, flat, and easy to shoot. Again, fit and finish is exceptional. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does the comp really make that much of a difference? Kind of a loaded question I guess, but in comparison to a Hyperion, same factory ammo, same shooter - will you see a worthy difference? I have a Hyperion and I love it. I’m debating adding an Erebus to play in open eventually and deciding if that’s the right move, or saving some coin (possibly) and going with an Athena Slide instead is a valid option. Primarily a 3gun shooter. 

16 hours ago, Pollock said:

Does the comp really make that much of a difference? Kind of a loaded question I guess, but in comparison to a Hyperion, same factory ammo, same shooter - will you see a worthy difference? I have a Hyperion and I love it. I’m debating adding an Erebus to play in open eventually and deciding if that’s the right move, or saving some coin (possibly) and going with an Athena Slide instead is a valid option. Primarily a 3gun shooter. 

If you're shooting a low PF, the comp may not make a HUGE difference. However, if your shooting ~130+ you'll definitely see a substantial benefit in the comp. I absolutely love my Erebus, and highly recommend it. I shot my friend Adam's Athena a few months ago and loved that gun too! If you're planning to play in open, (3gun) I cant recommend the Erebus enough!

I  experimented with multiple loads from 125pf all the way up to 152pf.

TO ME. Erebus feels sluggish with 125-130pf loads. But... I was shooting Chaos 9Major for two seasons and everything now feels slow.

Erebus really starts to shine at 140pf +. It flattens out, cycles fast. At 150pf feels very fast, but requires a pretty firm grip.

I have settled at 142pf for the final load for my Erebus. Feels like you are cheating. Soft, Fast, Very predictable Dot movement.

My Load Data for 142pf  ---  5.4gr of CFE-P under MG CMJ 124gr bullet with CCI400 Rifle Primer with OAL of 1.165

On 2/5/2020 at 12:10 PM, Kitzmiller_3GUN said:

If you're shooting a low PF, the comp may not make a HUGE difference. However, if your shooting ~130+ you'll definitely see a substantial benefit in the comp. I absolutely love my Erebus, and highly recommend it. I shot my friend Adam's Athena a few months ago and loved that gun too! If you're planning to play in open, (3gun) I cant recommend the Erebus enough!

Yes the Athena is a sweet shooting pistol, especially with all the factory ammo I tested with it. If you developed a super gamer load it would be even better!