Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lee's new brass processing machine

Looks interesting.  It apparently can be set up to size bullets, bulge-bust cases, swage primer pockets and be used as an actual loading press. 

Lee always comes up with clever ideas but then poops the bed by using pot metal and plastic.  Will this press be any different?  I hope so. 

https://leeprecision.com/app-automatic-processing-press/

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, elguapo said:

I like it.  I think I just found my Christmas present.

It has a case feeder option so it should go pretty quick even though it is only single stage.  As I envision this, a guy would size/deprime in one batch.  Then take that brass and run it through stainless steel media or whatever your preferred method is for cleaning brass and removing case lube.  While that's going on the press would be configured to swage.  Then the brass would all be run through a second time for primer pockets.  Not as fast as a Dillon 1100/1050 but probably as fast as the Hornady progressive swage kit. 

27 minutes ago, Tokarev said:

It has a case feeder option so it should go pretty quick even though it is only single stage.  As I envision this, a guy would size/deprime in one batch.  Then take that brass and run it through stainless steel media or whatever your preferred method is for cleaning brass and removing case lube.  While that's going on the press would be configured to swage.  Then the brass would all be run through a second time for primer pockets.  Not as fast as a Dillon 1100/1050 but probably as fast as the Hornady progressive swage kit. 

I use Hornady Ti-N pistol dies and have never used case lube.  I do wet tumble my brass before sizing, so there's never any galling or scratching.  I also don't need to swage primer pockets.  I toss any military brass I come across.

My process would be: wash, bake dry, size/deprime/bell mouth in this thing, prime, and load.  Definitely a huge time saver.

2 hours ago, Tokarev said:

Lee always comes up with clever ideas but then poops the bed by using pot metal and plastic.  Will this press be any different?  I hope so. 

As long as the material choice is appropriate for the application, I don't have a problem with plastic and "pot metal".

A significant portion of my car is made of plastic or castings.  Yet it's been rode hard and put away wet for 227,000 miles and still going strong.

Here's a look at the Lee with the bullet sizer kit installed.  

Pretty novel idea, as far as I know, to have a press that accepts a die in either the top or bottom of the press.  

Here we can see the bullet feeder and the little claws that carry the bullet over the sizing die.  

APPbulletsizingcloseup.jpg

I hoped Lee would have some video of this thing in action but that doesn't appear to be the case.
Yeah I don't see anything either. Hopefully as they get closer to the launch date they'll post up some videos.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking about and looking for an automated deprimer for the last few months.

It would be really nice to keep the depriming and brass cleaning operations in the garage while being able to assemble in the house. I'm reluctant to wet tumble with the primers in.

I preordered one from Titan last night so we'll see how it is.

Mainly will be using it for depriming 9mm and 223 before wet tumbling and maybe for sizing/swaging 223.

I bought the full kit but realized it doesn't come with the case collator only the tubes so I will have to order that.

I preordered one from Titan last night so we'll see how it is.

Mainly will be using it for depriming 9mm and 223 before wet tumbling and maybe for sizing/swaging 223.

I bought the full kit but realized it doesn't come with the case collator only the tubes so I will have to order that.
I have been pretty tempted especially as a swage machine. I'd probably use something like this for swaging 308 brass. Stuff I keep and reload but don't shoot a bunch of.

If and when you get a shipping update please keep us in the loop.

I ordered from Graf’s. Will try for bullet sizing. Still thinking the ergonomics will suck. I hate my Co-Ax press. 
I looked at Graf's earlier. I saw the press and the automation kit but didn't see the swage parts. Did I miss them?

1 hour ago, Tokarev said:

I looked at Graf's earlier. I saw the press and the automation kit but didn't see the swage parts. Did I miss them?

Didn’t even look. Only plan to use for bullet sizing

I wonder if there is a good option to use this for trimming .223 brass and then run the brass through again to swage. 

I load on a 750, but need an affordable way to process brass outside of the house. 

Any ideas/knowledge on trimming?