Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lee's new brass processing machine

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Atlasguy321 said:

This seems like a great little press to set in the back for odd ball stuff. I have a Dillon swaging tool and would love to set this little guy up to swage.  Think this can be connected to the Dillon ?case feeder

I plan on trying it eventually when I get the swager for 223.

Hopefully someone does it first and puts together a parts list / guide 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Update posted as of 12/13. Production is behind schedule. Probably January now for shipments.

https://leeprecision.com/app-automatic-processing-press/

Also posted are three videos of the press in use. Sizing bullets, bulge busting cases and decapping. Since I'm most interested in the swage feature I am hopeful that a video of that function will be posted soon.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Mine got here the other day.I got it mounted to my Inline Fab quick-mount plate, but that's about as far as I got. I'll see if I can get some time to put it through the paces this weekend....but initial thoughts, man is this thing delicate. Like....alarmingly so. All the automation pieces are plastic..  It's got warnings on the new xpress shell holders that they won't take the stress of normal shell-holders, so no full-length sizing with them. Though you can use regular shell-holders, I think you need the x-press ones for the automation kits to work. I'll see if I can get some pics up. It feels like a toy.

Mine got here the other day.I got it mounted to my Inline Fab quick-mount plate, but that's about as far as I got. I'll see if I can get some time to put it through the paces this weekend....but initial thoughts, man is this thing delicate. Like....alarmingly so. All the automation pieces are plastic..  It's got warnings on the new xpress shell holders that they won't take the stress of normal shell-holders, so no full-length sizing with them. Though you can use regular shell-holders, I think you need the x-press ones for the automation kits to work. I'll see if I can get some pics up. It feels like a toy.
[emoji20]

Edit - When I checked the box again I noticed a couple of pieces of plastic floating around, it looks like the exit ramp broke in shipping. That was the other odd thing. I got it directly from Lee, and it was just loose in the box along with another box with the 'automation kit' which is a few pieces of clear plastic tubing and some plastic fittings. The swage kit is still on back-order. Usually Lee is good about packing, not sure what happened on this one. I got a kick out of how tiny the guide-rods are and how the handle is a couple of pieces of stamped metal with a couple of pieces of plastic screwed onto it.Again, I haven't used this yet - so it could be the best thing since sliced bread, but my initial impression was...a giggle. Here's a pic next to a FA M-Press for scale. If you look closely you can see my ultra-sophisticated bag of bullets on the quick-change plate to hold the M-Press down for a picture. I keep the spare quick-change units c-clamped to the shelves, but they won't reach the middle where it needed to be for the picture. 

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

Edited by OptimiStick
adding pics

31 minutes ago, Jeremyc_1999 said:

This may be the solution that I have been looking for.  I want to just punch primers out of my cases before I stainless steel tumble them. 

What press do you run? I run a 650 and have a spare tool head with a LEE universal decapper only. I can turn and burn when decapping 9mm.

45 minutes ago, Sarge said:

What press do you run? I run a 650 and have a spare tool head with a LEE universal decapper only. I can turn and burn when decapping 9mm.

Super 1050.  I was also thinking about another toolhead for it to run with a lee universal decapper.  It is set up for 9mm and I am currently decapping on a RCBS rockchucker

13 minutes ago, Jeremyc_1999 said:

Super 1050.  I was also thinking about another toolhead for it to run with a lee universal decapper.  It is set up for 9mm and I am currently decapping on a RCBS rockchucker

Ahh... in your case it might be quite the cost output compared to something like the LEE option. Unless you save of a s#!t ton of brass and feel like removing the other dies and just running decapping once a year or so. That wouldn't be my preference though.

5 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Ahh... in your case it might be quite the cost output compared to something like the LEE option. Unless you save of a s#!t ton of brass and feel like removing the other dies and just running decapping once a year or so. That wouldn't be my preference though.

Yes, I've been going back and forth on what method I would like to do.  A toolhead for the 1050 is more than the lee, but I do most of my reloading in the winter (I live in Montana so the winters are a bit harsh for shooting) Having the casefeeder would be nice.  I also thought about setting up a 550 for doing my decapping.   Eventually I plan on getting a CP2000

A toolhead for the 1050 is more than the lee,

This is kind of where I am too. I am interested in the Lee as a processing machine for stuff like 308. Stuff that I reload and shoot but not in quantity that justifies buying a 1050 shell plate and other parts.

23 hours ago, Tokarev said:

It does look pretty tiny.

What is your primary plan for it?

Probably just decapping/swaging rifle. I was thinking it could take over single-stage duty on my non-blaster rifle stuff, but I don't think it's really built for it. That's fine. After my space re-design, it takes me a whole 1-2 minutes to swap out presses on that station.

I'll continue to process pistol/high volume stuff on the Revolution spare tool-head and just use this for low-volume stuff.

Probably just decapping/swaging rifle. I was thinking it could take over single-stage duty on my non-blaster rifle stuff, but I don't think it's really built for it. That's fine. After my space re-design, it takes me a whole 1-2 minutes to swap out presses on that station.

I'll continue to process pistol/high volume stuff on the Revolution spare tool-head and just use this for low-volume stuff.

Any update on the press?

I got mine set up over the weekend. My main use will be de-capping 9mm brass. It doesn't run out of the box and if you are not willing or able to spend LOTS of time tinkering, don't buy one! After two days of frustration and almost on the verge of returning it for a refund, I've got mine running 90% reliable. The main issues were in the automatic transfer and feeding of cases. I've got mine hooked up to my Dillon case feeder and its doing a much better job than the single stage process I was using before so I am happy with the little APP. I just wish Lee would have spent more time in R&D and product set up before rushing it to market.