Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Clothes for shooting in the rain

highhope

On 10/29/2019 at 5:35 PM, RePete said:

I used to wear rain gear, but at the end of the day I was wet from sweat and had started to smell.  I'd sooner get wet.  That's just me.

YMMV.

Yup, I've tried many different types, you're going to get wet - have fun.
I enjoy the added challenge of terrible weather

Foot Joy light jacket, pants, and hat from golf. Doesn't matter what you have on, in the rain you're going to get wet, or sweaty, or cold, or all of the above. Just remember its raining on everyone, not just you. Smile, enjoy what your doing and do the best you can, that's all you can do. Rain is no different than going first on a stage or shooting WHO. Only affects those who let it get to them. Let it get them and not you. 

• 1 month later...

I gave up on keeping my legs dry at matches - If it's cold, I wear something vaguely water repellant (Duluth has some good options) and a merino baselayer to keep warmish.

Focus more on keeping my upper body/core warm and dry with a Marmot raincoat, baselayer (Merino) and hand/chest warmers.

On 10/29/2019 at 2:00 PM, elguapo said:

Clothes for shooting in the rain: 

1100928_fpx.tif?op_sharpen=1&wid=400&hei=489&fit=fit,1&$filterlrg$

If it's raining I'm sleeping in

I'm with you.  But if I'm already at a major match I will shoot in the rain and mud before waste my vacation days, fuel money, hotel fees, match fees ect. 

My choice is good rain coat that goes down at lest mid thigh, a ball cap, water proof foot wear and water proof gun cover (a cheap shower cap). Side note, you can find cheap shower caps in the African american hair care product section in walmart.  I think I paid less than $3 for a bag of 20 shower caps.  Also,  if your cleats aren't water proof you could always take hobo route with putting plastic bags over your socks before you put your cleats on. 

11 hours ago, kcin said:

My choice is good rain coat that goes down at lest mid thigh, a ball cap, water proof foot wear and water proof gun cover (a cheap shower cap). Side note, you can find cheap shower caps in the African american hair care product section in walmart.  I think I paid less than $3 for a bag of 20 shower caps.  Also,  if your cleats aren't water proof you could always take hobo route with putting plastic bags over your socks before you put your cleats on. 

Man this is genius! Why didn’t I think of that. Thank you! 

• 2 years later...