Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

24 minutes ago, Toggleme said:

thats the plan if something else doesnt come up in here. Maybe go up to 2.5 lbs and see how it performs

Thats the solution.....had that issue myself and thats what I did.....been fine ever since. I now run a 3.5lb trigger.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/29/2024 at 11:39 AM, Toggleme said:

thats the plan if something else doesnt come up in here. Maybe go up to 2.5 lbs and see how it performs

Is the little dog leg for the sear impacting the frame/chassis? It may be worth removing.

additionally is the sear clearing the trigger bow completely on reset?

48 minutes ago, Ajohnson15 said:

Is the little dog leg for the sear impacting the frame/chassis? It may be worth removing.

additionally is the sear clearing the trigger bow completely on reset?

I noticed the new sear spring had a dog leg while the OEM one did not. I noticed a brite spot on the dog leg but the spring felt free to move during assembly. I'll keep that in mind if the problem persists. 

I did not check the 2nd item you mentioned but will check it out on my next disassembly. 

My solution so far was to follow this procedure starting at "sear spring prep": https://feeds.brownells.com/userdocs/learn/bt002005.pdf

For my existing 2lb 2oz trigger pull, i had close to 1lb 4 oz on the trigger return/disco alone. That leaves 14oz on the sear. I reduced my trigger return/disco to ~12 oz and put ~1 lb 6oz on the sear. Will report on performance after this weekend. 

On 5/2/2024 at 1:40 PM, Toggleme said:

For my existing 2lb 2oz trigger pull, i had close to 1lb 4 oz on the trigger return/disco alone. That leaves 14oz on the sear. I reduced my trigger return/disco to ~12 oz and put ~1 lb 6oz on the sear. Will report on performance after this weekend. 

No issues this weekend. Will continue to monitor. 

1 hour ago, bulldog009 said:

SIAP - A DWX Optics Ready listing - Listing

Screenshot-2024-05-01-175700.jpg

Out of stock .  LOL    it will be available in 2 years . hahahaha

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, 1911vm said:

Out of stock .  LOL    it will be available in 2 years . hahahaha

I heard a rumor after the NRA show. 

True, two years would *technically* after the NRA show but I’m hoping for sooner. I put a back order on a railed, optics ready compact at Eurooptic so we’ll see. 

Edited by Ontos
Spelling

33 minutes ago, Ontos said:

I heard a rumor after the NRA show. 

NRA show of what year? I want to make sure i start doing the math correctly 

On 5/7/2024 at 12:24 PM, Thatpewguy said:

Any reliability issues or malfunctions since the slide cuts? Really digging it. Did you have to change the spring lbs?

Zero issues......yes, changed the recoil spring and main spring for competition ammo....

15 minutes ago, pumpedTSI said:

Zero issues......yes, changed the recoil spring and main spring for competition ammo....

What did you change the recoil spring with 

3 hours ago, bulldog009 said:

SIAP - A DWX Optics Ready listing - Listing

Screenshot-2024-05-01-175700.jpg

that's a little above the listed MSRP.

been told will be showed in Dallas at NRA Convention.

remember it will need a DW optic plate as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2024 at 10:00 AM, Ontos said:

Any updates regarding the optics ready versions on display at the NRA show?

There are a couple of YouTube videos but not much detail. 

I handled one yesterday at NRAAM - but was never given the time of day by any of the CZ/DW booth attendants. DW had its own smaller booth within the larger CZ booth, where one of the DWX OR examples was, and I stood there for several minutes with a DW rep playing on his phone in front of me, he never looked up. 

Edited by bulldog009

3 hours ago, bulldog009 said:

I handled one yesterday at NRAAM - but was never given the time of day by any of the CZ/DW booth attendants. DW had their own smaller booth within the larger CZ booth, where one of the DWX OR examples was, and I stood there for several minutes with a DW rep on his phone in front of me, he never looked up. 

Sounds a lot like their current customer service and shipping department...

2 hours ago, BMSMB said:

Bent the ejector on the DWX over the weekend... apparently it's easy to over insert magazines and damage it. Anyone else dealt with this?

seems to only be a problem with extended or fully loaded mags.....been running mine in competition for a while now with flat bases and no issues....

Was at my local gun store and they had one on the shelf.  Picked it up as I had originally pre-ordered one via the old CZ military purchase program prior to COVID.  Then all the crap happened and the gun didn't get released, CZ bought colt and put them in charge of CZ-USA and the new leadership re did the MIL LEO program to only have certain firearms.  When it did come to market almost 4 years later I did almost buy it a couple of times, but decided to wait for the OR version.  Of course the issue is now the thing doesn't come with any plates and the only available one is for the Vortex Viper/Burris FastFire.  

I will be looking for possible thumb rests and possibly cuts to lower the slide weight if it is too much reciprocating slide mass.

Edited by camoy1