Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What holster are you using?

Canman

Thinking about getting another holster or a hanger for mine. Want one that sits out from my waist more than the one I have and more stable.
Don’t have a clue what make mine is. I bought it used and I can’t fine any identification on it.

sorry for the edit.  Carry optics and production divisions 

809D8D84-527E-40AD-BDF6-C8421AA9ED10.jpeg

Edited by Canman
Forgot to add divisions

Ah... Sorry, but I don't shoot either division, and my holsters are the "race" type. 

Regarding stability, I've found that there are several factors that influence how sturdy a particular setup is:

• How flexible is the outer belt?  An outer belt that twists easily will not provide much support.  The DAA Competition belt (or the DAA Premium belt) are probably the most rigid with the Shooter Connection belts next.  Belts like the Black Scorpion are the least rigid.
  • How tight do you have your inner belt?  If your inner belt isn't as tight as it can be, you'll get more flex in the whole system.  I like my belts extremely sturdy and my inner belt is as tight as I can possibly get it.
  • You may be able to add something to your existing setup to aid in rigidity.  I have a length of 1/8" aluminium bar stock to remove flex from my Ghost holsters and have added "thigh pads" to other holsters.

A rigid outer belt and a really tight inner belt will create a stable foundation for your holster and mag pouches.

When looking for offset holsters, make sure you take into account the maximum distance for these divisions (2 1/8") from the inside of the inner belt to the grip of the gun.

3 hours ago, Canman said:

Thinking about getting another holster or a hanger for mine. Want one that sits out from my waist more than the one I have and more stable.
Don’t have a clue what make mine is. I bought it used and I can’t fine any identification on it.

sorry for the edit.  Carry optics and production divisions 

809D8D84-527E-40AD-BDF6-C8421AA9ED10.jpeg

your current rig looks like a Blade Tech setup. it is likely already about as far from the inside of your belt as the rules allow (max distance from grip to inside of belt is the short side of a credit card)

That said we just picked up a Red Hills Tactical with a Springer Precision hanger for my wife's XDM 5.25 and I cant say enough good things about it. 

Black Scorpion belt, Comp Tac International holster, and the boss hanger. 

The hanger really was a game changer. I thought it was a bit expensive. but after I got it the stabilization and position I gained showed it was well worth the money.

I like something with a little more retention when I'm running around.  I use a safariland gls578.  It fits multiple guns and the gun won't come out when I'm running, but then again, I also use it for 3gun.

• 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...