Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP arrived, MBX buffer recoil reduction system?

Just now, Fasthenk65 said:

Finally my 14,5 " JP15-GMR arrived. Will run it with the Holosun 510c dot and now looking for fastest sight recovery.

Was recommended the MBX Buffer Recoil Reduction system for PCC. Any comments??

TNX!

Will be shooting 115 grain FMJ's with slow powder (VV N350)

Blue buffer spring with the buffer in the 2nd hole making the buffer short. Pair with a yellow sprinco for the main spring. Then test the mbx short stroke spacers and match the one that reliably resets your trigger. 

also run the buffer wet it likes oil.  I also recommend taking the buffer retaining detent out. First it gets in the way, second Ive seen the detent break and lock a trigger up mid stage. 

Edited by Bwillis

Hallo Henk,

Also bought a JP GMR 15, same store i assume. 

Buffer detent was already out.

If you buy the MBX buffer it comes with a yellow carbine spring, don't know if it's a Sprinco.

You also need to buy the MBX tuning kit.

Shot it yesterday with a blue spring and short buffer.

Ammo used was Fiocchi 115gr factory ammo. 

Trigger reset was reliable, also activated the lrbho.

Need to try more setups with this ammo.

If you want it to short stroke (i  don't) you can also use euro's in the buffer tube.  :)

Met vriendelijke groet,

John

15 minutes ago, John1969 said:

Hallo Henk,

Also bought a JP GMR 15, same store i assume. 

Buffer detent was already out.

If you buy the MBX buffer it comes with a yellow carbine spring, don't know if it's a Sprinco.

You also need to buy the MBX tuning kit.

Shot it yesterday with a blue spring and short buffer.

Ammo used was Fiocchi 115gr factory ammo. 

Trigger reset was reliable, also activated the lrbho.

Need to try more setups with this ammo.

If you want it to short stroke (i  don't) you can also use euro's in the buffer tube.  :)

Met vriendelijke groet,

John

Patrick's store? 🙂

1 hour ago, John1969 said:

Yes, Patrick's store.

He also has JP the extended magazine release in stock. (in different colours) 

Bought the MBX buffer system and tuningkit  at "vanmulekom".

I will to... let's see if we can make the JP sing and do as good as the Sig MPX PCC...

I'm not sure I understand. Have you shot it as is from JP and don't like it? Is it not performing as well as your MPX?

It sounds like you are changing it just because you think it can be better. But maybe I'm wrong, just asking.

Any help plzplz ?

I'm a midway in tuning my MBX buffer + their yellow combo spring

Shooting factory 124 Sellier&Bellot / 124 STV Scorpio
Gun is 12.5" ADC 9, blowback

And i can't tune it properly ! :(
____

Blue inner spring with second hole (short) + BCG weight removed = Double Feed + FTEject + funny fullauto mode (It's was not funny for a RO) 
Blue inner spring with first hole (long) = Double Feed + FTEject

____

Green inner spring with first hole (long) = seems ok, But FTEject 1/100 rounds

____

Red inner spring (long) = Ok, but heavy dot movement to 2 o'clock doubletapping  (6 inch from 20 yards)

Red inner spring (short) + 2 coins buffer = Better (faster), but still dot movement to 3 o'clock doubletapping (5 inch from 20 yards)

any ideas, what can i try to make movement flatter?

Edited by Ner
18 hours ago, egd5 said:

I'm not sure I understand. Have you shot it as is from JP and don't like it? Is it not performing as well as your MPX?

It sounds like you are changing it just because you think it can be better. But maybe I'm wrong, just asking.

Will shoot it standard first as it comes from tomorrow. Only had 2 experienced PCC guys explain to me that the MBX system works wonders in the JP? So here to check that route out.

OK, just wondering why. But remember, things that make a difference to top level shooters usually don't mean that much to average guys like me. That 1/100th of a sec. doesn't mean much when we waste 5 seconds cause we move slow or forget our plan half way through. 😃

1 hour ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Will shoot it standard first as it comes from tomorrow. Only had 2 experienced PCC guys explain to me that the MBX system works wonders in the JP? So here to check that route out.

Shoot it as you got it for a couple of months. Once you have an idea of how the rifle performs re-evaluate if you need to change parts or just shoot more. 

4 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Shoot it as you got it for a couple of months. Once you have an idea of how the rifle performs re-evaluate if you need to change parts or just shoot more. 

agree.

do have quite some experience though with MPX PCC .. this is my benchmark..

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little video for you guys, that might think of using the MBX buffer in your GMR-15... I am really impressed.... hell of a difference between the JPSCS2-9MM and the MBX. Maybe the JPSCS2-9SS-5H5  might be better... don't know. But i tell you... after 5000 rounds or a little bit more you have to change these o-rubber rings.... this kinda sucks... in the MBX you will fire 10000 of rounds before you even have to change the spring... and after all it will be just a spring and not a bunch of rubber rings...just my opinion. But like Cobb said... it all depends on your loads.... its a very tunable system!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwc3-f4qS4k

On 10/14/2019 at 6:41 PM, Fasthenk65 said:

agree.

do have quite some experience though with MPX PCC .. this is my benchmark..

I don’t think you can really get a blowback gun to cycle like and shoot as soft as an MPX, they’re just different animals in how they work, but I do think you can tune your dot bounce to where you like it if you play around enough and there’s certainly more variation to try different combinations over what the MPX system gives... the 5 tungsten short-stroke SCS is nearly as soft but the dot seems slower to recover, so you’ve kinda gotta find what is soft+fast with your load spring/weight wise...

IMHO the dot bounce with the MPX has more to do with stock length, optic height, and good gun fit, as the buffer system stuff is already kinda one-size-fits-all soft as you’d ever bother and tied to your load.

I’d work backwards from heavy to lighter, going 5 tungsten, play with springs, and maybe work lighter changing out steel for tungsten from there if you’re looking for softer shooting like an MPX, but it’s really about how fast you can shoot that second shot, so don’t be surprised if you end up liking a snappier gun, the systems are just different... the MBX buffer system set-up looks like something you’d explore beyond that...

Edited by ck1