Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scope help

konkapot

Had a DDP take a dump on me at a match today. 

In a tough spot re: guns, training, and match prep. 

I have a spare C-more; I if remove the DPP and replace it with the Cmore, only the left side of the cmore is actually mounted to the frame. There are no screw holes on the right side. 

Will this work at all? Will it hold zero? 

Still new to all the Joys of Shooting Open, and trying to keep training. 

Sounds like you have an upright Serendipity. Cut the legs off & convert it to a Slide Ride, mount it to an aluminum single sided mount. Will be much more rigid than the plastic legs held by 3 screws on one side. 

John, I have a 90 cmore mount and optic ready to bolt on if you would like to borrow it until you can get something figured out.    Also have an upright c-more mount if that would help as well.  Send me a text if you need it.  You probably have my number in an old pm.  

Cory unfortunately I don't live in CHS anymore. 

Sauza I saw Bob's article, but there are several challenges for me in his instructions. Things like "go slowly" and "be careful" are red lights for me. I'm also lacking some of the tools needed. 

I think I'm going to suck  it up and buy an Allchin mount and a Slide Ride.

Still trying to confirm whether my current set up (plastic mount with only one side screwed in) will or wont' work. 

2 hours ago, konkapot said:

Cory unfortunately I don't live in CHS anymore. 

Sauza I saw Bob's article, but there are several challenges for me in his instructions. Things like "go slowly" and "be careful" are red lights for me. I'm also lacking some of the tools needed. 

I think I'm going to suck  it up and buy an Allchin mount and a Slide Ride.

Still trying to confirm whether my current set up (plastic mount with only one side screwed in) will or wont' work. 

Make sure you watch which Allchin mount you buy I purchased one for a new Open gun build only to find I could not access the sight adjustment screws. This was for a horizontal mounted slide ride 

Hello: Your plastic C-More will not work with just screws on the left side. It will flex and break the mount. I can cut the legs off and drill the hole for the mount on the C-More if you are coming to a Georgia match. I have done about 15 or so now. Looks like the DPP problem strikes again. Most of the guys I know that run a DPP have at least two since one is getting repaired. It's a shame they have not figured it out yet. Thanks, Eric

On 10/6/2019 at 8:17 AM, konkapot said:

scooterj what will happen? It is the plastic mount, with the legs molded onto the sight. 

HIpowerjack-Is your mount plastic or metal?

Aircooledracer has answered your question, above.