Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Texas45

JP Side Charging Handle

Recommended Posts

JP now has come out with a Side Charging handle that is easy to operate.  However $239. is a little stiff6441.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

SmithCity.They have had the side charger, however this is NEW, 2 weeks out for delivery.  This one is not folded up it stays extended. 

Flatland Shooter, sold my backup JP. Still have my original JP.  Actually, if you can believe it,  Roman is using it  while his open gun is being repaired.  I do love the new MPX...runs like a scalded dog.  Clean every 1000 rounds (tappet etc.) and not one issue.

Share this post


Link to post

You can buy an American Spirit Arms side charging upper for $60 more.....which is an awesome unit.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Texas45 said:

SmithCity.They have had the side charger, however this is NEW, 2 weeks out for delivery.  This one is not folded up it stays extended. 

Flatland Shooter, sold my backup JP. Still have my original JP.  Actually, if you can believe it,  Roman is using it  while his open gun is being repaired.  I do love the new MPX...runs like a scalded dog.  Clean every 1000 rounds (tappet etc.) and not one issue.

Ahh interesting, i like the side charging option.  Although it wont buy you any performance 

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/14/2019 at 8:16 AM, Smithcity said:

They have had the side charger for some time

The picture shown is the next generation competition version. It is angled forward to provide a faster, easier to operate handle based on a ton of feedback form competitors. It's also a convenient height for table starts. 😉

The other design is swept in to prevent snagging on clothing per MIL/LE request. 

Share this post


Link to post

I just bought a GMR-15 and missed the new charging handle by just a few months. I was very excited to see they came out with one for competition shooters. However, when I went to place an order I couldn't get past the price. I hate I didn't know this was coming down the pipe when I had them build mine. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/14/2019 at 2:33 AM, Texas45 said:

JP now has come out with a Side Charging handle that is easy to operate.  However $239. is a little stiff6441.jpg


 

looks like cheap one coming soon from different source 

 

1242E68D-6EA1-4DA0-A6A9-3AFC35EF2F9B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

It looks nice, but, like many things from JP, it's insanely overpriced. It should be $75 max.

Edited by avastcosmicarena

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 9/14/2019 at 9:50 PM, Hawk21 said:

You can buy an American Spirit Arms side charging upper for $60 more.....which is an awesome unit.

 

 


You can buy a Quartercircle10 or Gibbz Arms (both made by Gibbz Arms) side charging uppers for $220-$250. The Gibbz has a competition sized charging handle extension available if you go with the gen 2 (detent) style handle.

I currently have the Quartercirlce10 on two AR9s and the Gibbz on my 3 Gun AR15. The Gibbz is the 3rd gen charging handle with a latch, which is similar to what the Quartercircle10 uppers use. It works well, but could be a little bigger/easier to manipulate. I'd like to try the Gibbz upper with 2nd gen charging handle + competition extension in the future.

Edited by avastcosmicarena

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/21/2020 at 6:49 AM, 3GN said:


 

looks like cheap one coming soon from different source 

 

1242E68D-6EA1-4DA0-A6A9-3AFC35EF2F9B.jpeg

 

Does this replace the folding lever?  If so, where can I get one?

Share this post


Link to post

Soon as I have info I let you know!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...