Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Side Charging Handle

SmithCity.They have had the side charger, however this is NEW, 2 weeks out for delivery.  This one is not folded up it stays extended. 

Flatland Shooter, sold my backup JP. Still have my original JP.  Actually, if you can believe it,  Roman is using it  while his open gun is being repaired.  I do love the new MPX...runs like a scalded dog.  Clean every 1000 rounds (tappet etc.) and not one issue.

5 hours ago, Texas45 said:

SmithCity.They have had the side charger, however this is NEW, 2 weeks out for delivery.  This one is not folded up it stays extended. 

Flatland Shooter, sold my backup JP. Still have my original JP.  Actually, if you can believe it,  Roman is using it  while his open gun is being repaired.  I do love the new MPX...runs like a scalded dog.  Clean every 1000 rounds (tappet etc.) and not one issue.

Ahh interesting, i like the side charging option.  Although it wont buy you any performance 

On 9/14/2019 at 8:16 AM, Smithcity said:

They have had the side charger for some time

The picture shown is the next generation competition version. It is angled forward to provide a faster, easier to operate handle based on a ton of feedback form competitors. It's also a convenient height for table starts. 😉

The other design is swept in to prevent snagging on clothing per MIL/LE request. 

I just bought a GMR-15 and missed the new charging handle by just a few months. I was very excited to see they came out with one for competition shooters. However, when I went to place an order I couldn't get past the price. I hate I didn't know this was coming down the pipe when I had them build mine. 

• 7 months later...
On 9/14/2019 at 9:50 PM, Hawk21 said:

You can buy an American Spirit Arms side charging upper for $60 more.....which is an awesome unit.

You can buy a Quartercircle10 or Gibbz Arms (both made by Gibbz Arms) side charging uppers for $220-$250. The Gibbz has a competition sized charging handle extension available if you go with the gen 2 (detent) style handle.

I currently have the Quartercirlce10 on two AR9s and the Gibbz on my 3 Gun AR15. The Gibbz is the 3rd gen charging handle with a latch, which is similar to what the Quartercircle10 uppers use. It works well, but could be a little bigger/easier to manipulate. I'd like to try the Gibbz upper with 2nd gen charging handle + competition extension in the future.

Edited by avastcosmicarena