Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who Makes The Most Expensive Open Gun

Fo0

I think the only time I've seen a $10k open gun was when it was posted on calguns. And even then, when you take into account that most 2011s are verboten in California bc of the roster, people were still mocking the listing.

A few months back SVI had a pistol "available now" for $20,000 but it had been custom engraved all-over.

But at the same time it seems unsurprising that a company that makes some of the most expensive pistols around couldn't match the financial incentives of Bul. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Kema said:

STI, You need to buy 10 to get 1 working.

I’ll disagree with this. I have over 40 STI’s. Only 3 have been back to STI for issues. One was a pawn shop buy and the other two were the same model and one of the first ones out of the factory of that model. STI had them back to me in 2 weeks running 100%. 

The only STI’s I’ve seen that have problems with are guns that shooters have tinkered with or who start messing with the mags. 

1 minute ago, Descartian said:

I’ll disagree with this. I have over 40 STI’s. Only 3 have been back to STI for issues. One was a pawn shop buy and the other two were the same model and one of the first ones out of the factory of that model. STI had them back to me in 2 weeks running 100%. 

The only STI’s I’ve seen that have problems with are guns that shooters have tinkered with or who start messing with the mags. 

I have zero experience with STI but with the amount of slides and comps ive seen crack on their guns with low round counts, i dont think ill ever buy one. 

36 minutes ago, Descartian said:

I have to agree with you partly. Most of STI's bad reputation is based on guns produced after 2010. My matchmaster was POS and needed full overhaul by guru, bought new DVC open when it was released and it was a catastrophe. This GenII seems to be working :) 

51 minutes ago, echotango said:

He was trying to get to 50 posts to post in classifieds.  There were several posts like this from him. 

Hahah.. Wasn't aware.. Thanks for the heads up.. 

2 hours ago, echotango said:

He was trying to get to 50 posts to post in classifieds.  There were several posts like this from him. 

Ugh, now I feel cheap and used like when I feed the neighborhood stray cat and instead of a 'Thank you' he just leaves to s#!t on my lawn.

On 4/5/2019 at 12:52 PM, stardust tommy said:

take a look at Chambers custom pistols, Joe builds first class bullseye pistols that shoot sub 1" @50y... he also builds open pistols

Accuracy X is the same

than you have an accurate and correct build pistol

you can spent a lot on special engravings/milling/laser cuts and still have a 3" or more gun @ 50yards

if you look at the new Bull sasII balasteros you pay a few thousand dollars/euro's and the piringpin stopplate isn't even cut to the correct hight of the slide...

SVI is nice and looks cool but they don't won the bianchi cup, PPC nationals or bullseye...

i remember a young marine stopping by SVI and telling Sandy he could win camp perry if he had a good gun. so Sandy went and built his first bulls eye gun.  the guy won camp perry with it. not bad for his first try.

On 4/12/2019 at 8:36 AM, Kema said:

I have to agree with you partly. Most of STI's bad reputation is based on guns produced after 2010. My matchmaster was POS and needed full overhaul by guru, bought new DVC open when it was released and it was a catastrophe. This GenII seems to be working :) 

Just curious, what was wrong with your DVC Open?

Also I don’t know if you’re aware but they brought back Dave Dawson into the company as the executive in charge of quality control. They are producing less guns per day now but are focusing on putting the best product available. 

I was was lucky enough to get a private factory tour earlier this year. They have invested a ridiculous amount of money on new machinery. They’ve temporarily closed their custom shop and moved those smith’s to the production line. 

3 hours ago, Descartian said:

Just curious, what was wrong with your DVC Open?

Comp cracked both sides, thumb safety machining(without resting thumb over safety it sometimes engaged), timing, some cracks near extractor tunnel.