Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik lighter trigger pull

davsco

can anyone please reiterate what spring etc combo works good to lessen the trigger pull (with 100% primer detonation reliability)?  I did install a freedomsmith racer trigger and that got rid of the outrageously long takeup.  but i'm still pulling shots so could use some trigger help.  thanks!

I used the trigger return spring from Gallow Precision and a reduced power Glock firing pin block/plunger safety spring. I also installed a Ghost 6.5 lb striker spring. I also have a Freedomsmith Racer Trigger installed.

My trigger pull is at 3.5 lbs but it only has 300 rounds down the pipe so I suspect it will get much lighter.

Edited by himurax13

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Do you know what your current trigger pulls at? Also, when did you get your Canik? If it was after the Sig paranoia induced recall (circa November 2017), then your firing pin block spring is likely entirely too strong, which causes most trigger lightening efforts moot. You should be able to replace it with a reduced power firing pin block spring for a CZ or Glock (something like this https://cajungunworks.com/product/2389/). I did not send mine in for the recall so I didn't have to make any changes, but one other shooter in my area did, and I was surprised how much better the trigger gets after changing that spring out.

Other than the FP plunger spring, and swapping out the striker spring for a 6.5# glock spring (I use this one https://ghostinc.com/gho_6_5_fp-6-5-lb-super-duty-extreme-firing-pin-spring-for-glocks-gens-1-4/), I don't think any other FCG work should really be needed.

• 4 months later...

I just swapped the firing pin spring with the 6.5# Glock spring & the safety plunger spring with a reduced power Glock spring, & my trigger pull is now at 2# 7oz.  I have a Racer trigger ordered, and deciding what guide rod to go with to be able to reduce the recoil spring. I think I’m liking this gun better than my X5 and Legion. 

11 hours ago, OPENB said:

I just swapped the firing pin spring with the 6.5# Glock spring & the safety plunger spring with a reduced power Glock spring, & my trigger pull is now at 2# 7oz.  I have a Racer trigger ordered, and deciding what guide rod to go with to be able to reduce the recoil spring. I think I’m liking this gun better than my X5 and Legion. 

Check out this one https://www.ndzperformance.com/Jentra-JTGR-1-Guide-Rod-Glock-Gen-1-3-17L-24-34-35-p/jen-jtgr-1.htm

• 2 weeks later...

bought a TP9SFX but am going to install a pro model trigger from freedomsmith when it arrives and then see how the trigger behaves. If not to my liking- about 2 to 3 # with reduced pretravel and a better reset - I will install a sprinco trigger spring kit, sprinco recoil spring, and a reduced power plunger spring and striker spring. Then test the "trigger pull" and weight. Hope it will improve. This is a great pistol.

You will like the FS trigger. Almost no take up or over travel. The pull weight will actually feel a pound heavier because you are pre-tensioning the trigger reset spring. There is a hack to lessen it with a fishing lure split ring, you can find it on YouTube. I wish I could have that type trigger in my Legion. That’d be the perfect gun. 

I must have gotten a good one with my Canik TP9SFx. All it needed was a 6lb Glock striker spring and reduced power safety plunger spring for the trigger, and a lighter recoil spring for cycling light loads. The trigger is now crisp, light, and very short reset. I don't care about the pretravel since it doesn't affect actual shooting. 

On 10/6/2019 at 5:36 AM, Derdang said:

Does this guide rod fit in your canik TP9SFx? Measurements are really close, except length, to factory one. Have you shot the pistol with this tungsten guide rod installed?

Put in a reduced power ghost plunger spring and a freedom smith trigger in my TP9SFx. Plunger was not cerra coated- must have received a newer pistol. Trigger is crisp but would like to lower pull. Probably more stoning and will change the striker spring to a 6.5# ghost and determine the results of my efforts.

Edited by verla
additional infro

the trigger is now 3 1/4# after installation of freedom trigger, reduced power plunger and striker spring and with some stoning of metal parts and polishing of the frame where the trigger bar contacts it. Trigger pull is crisp as well as the reset.

I have the Sprinco recoil management system in my SFx with their 29 newton striker spring. Item number 18898. This system works really good for me. My loads average 135 pf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

will now investigate what guide rod/recoil spring combination to install- sprinco, tungsten, or plain stainless steel- want one that reduced muzzle flip to a minimum over factory guide rod in my Canik TP9FSx. Anyone have suggestions?
I wonder if anyone has a Tungsten guide rod available.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2019 at 5:35 AM, Derdang said:

This is genius. I haven't seen this before. Going to be pulling a ring off a rapala tomorrow

• 1 year later...
On 11/27/2019 at 10:42 PM, 1steelshooter said:

Actually they are a #1 split ring. I bought some at Sportsman's Warehouse.

I used a #2 split ring in mine. It dropped the pull weight by almost a pound but it did create an element for failure. If you pull the trigger without engaging the trigger saftey then the spring doesn't have enough force to pull the trigger bar back and the trigger locks up. You might be able to go in and smooth up the sides of the trigger to make it slide smoother but I haven't done that yet. However, if you just make sure you hit the trigger safety first it works every time. I also don't have a freedomsmith trigger yet so a #2 split ring may work better with one installed since it does pre-tension the spring.