Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP-01 Shadow poor accuracy

ClayBuster

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I guess I can’t shoot this gun?  CZC sent me this today shot at 10 yards 6 rounds. 

Now why am not not able to shoot it? My Tac II is a laser 1”-1.250”  10 round groups at 20 yards are no problem, my Baer, the CZ compact all shoot great. I just don’t get it. 

Stuart is pretty awesome though. 😀

2BB16C37-D820-4540-9885-A89889C2925C.thumb.jpeg.aab1848278814a08a7f77f56426d3ca0.jpeg

15 minutes ago, ClayBuster said:

Update: I guess I can’t shoot this gun?  CZC sent me this today shot at 10 yards 6 rounds. 

Now why am not not able to shoot it? My Tac II is a laser 1”-1.250”  10 round groups at 20 yards are no problem, my Baer, the CZ compact all shoot great. I just don’t get it. 

Doesn't make any sense, does it? 

You can send it to me for proper disposal...  🤪

7 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

I'd ask Stuart :

1.  what ammo did he use ?

2.  why only 10 yards ?

Testing at ten yards is not an accuracy test. Fifty yards is preferable.

Ten yards is more like a function test. Any gun should shoot well at only 10 yards.

Edited by Prange

So your early post said a good group for this gun was 3" at 10 yards off a bench, but stuart was able to do less than 1" at same distance.   Maybe you and this gun just don't agree with each other.

I had a high end trap gun and had a similar experience - I and several others shot it and all of us saw it shooting way low and way left.   I sent it back to where I bought it, and he shot it perfectly.   So what then?   Rather than dive further into the quicksand, I ended up sending it down the road and getting another one that works great and I still use.   Sometimes it's just easier that way.

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

A 10yd test is still definitive when the gun’s group sizes reduce by 300%.

Agreed, he’s sending the gun back and I ordered a set of the same sights that are on my Shadow Tac II.  If that doesn’t do it for me It’ll become the permanent nightstand gun. 😂

I'll have to disagree with you,Gentlemen.

It seems to be more of an ergonomic issue than the intrinsic accuracy of the gun.

I can't shoot a Glock for crap. Nothing wrong with the Glock. It just doesn't fit me properly.

ClayBuster, I hope it works out for you. Maybe a grip panel change would help.

On 3/23/2019 at 1:03 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

A 10yd test is still definitive when the gun’s group sizes reduce by 300%.

I have to agree, that 300% improvement is very nice.

BUT, I have a Kel-Tec P-11 that will shoot 1" groups at 10 yards.

If an SP-01 cost $300, I'd be happy with 1" at 10 yards, but, it

doesn't cost $300.

Plus, it took time and money to ship the gun to the gunsmith - I'd think that

he would want to check the accuracy at 25 yards, while he has it in hand.

Still, it begs the question, what did he do to get the 300% improvement ?

Different ammo ?

Sounds like Claybuster knows what he's doing - what is the difference here ?

How did the gunsmith get such a nice group ?   And, why not try 25 yards ?

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:28 PM, ClayBuster said:

2BB16C37-D820-4540-9885-A89889C2925C.thumb.jpeg.aab1848278814a08a7f77f56426d3ca0.jpeg

Like I said before, I will take this "Lemon" off your hands. ;)

Seriously though sometimes changing a component, such as the grips or the trigger itself (recurve to old style 85 combat) will make a huge improvement. I couldn't hit the side of a barn with my P01 with a recurve trigger , but after swapping out to an 85 combat trigger my groups shrank considerably.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE  😎

So while the gun was at CZC my brother shows up with his M&P pro with a freshly installed RMR and his wife’s stock M&P pro. I couldn’t shoot her gun for s#!t so I tried his and it was eye opening, I was literally hammering my 200 yard 24” plate with his gun and sight. After we were done loading some ammo I emailed Stuart and asked him to cut my slide while it was there, that dude was awesome he got it done and back to me in under 4 weeks.

It was delivered Thursday the 25th, looked nice and I practiced the draw and finding the dot Thursday and Friday night, Saturday I was pretty good, it took about 400 draws from the holster I pick up the dot 90-95% of the time.  I filed down the front sight and blued it cause I think it looks cooler :)  shot a bunch Saturday.  Went back in the backyard on Sunday and I couldn’t miss the targets. Holy s#!t where has this been all my life. I’ll continue to use this system and I may need a few more cut. 

Oh yeah, there was nothing wrong with the gun.  It was me and my 50 year old eyes. 

7B6002CA-DE68-4106-9616-B923AEF5A2F9.jpeg

"The factory target looks good but there’s no way that was shot with this gun, 4 different shooters at 25 yards and it prints 6-8” high and looks like a shotgun pattern."

So the four other guys can't shoot either? Lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, wtturn said:

"The factory target looks good but there’s no way that was shot with this gun, 4 different shooters at 25 yards and it prints 6-8” high and looks like a shotgun pattern."

So the four other guys can't shoot either? Lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I cant explain that 🧐 Maybe they need glasses too. 

On 3/12/2019 at 3:19 PM, AdamM said:

That pin is to hold the front sight on (non Accu models).  It is not used when you have a barrel bushing.  My Accu from CZ Custom did not come with a pin as you would have to take the pin out every time you wanted to remove the bushing.  They have a set screw to hold on the front sight instead.

So CZ did address the loose front sight issue, with a set screw from the factory on the accu bushing guns? No more loose/lost front sights