Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just wanted to share what cleans my comps well.

Adrenaline

Just wanted to show how well the stuff I use works on lead and carbon. I am not sponsored by nor am I payed by said company just want to throw the info out there for anybody having issues with lead build up and carbon build up. Use gunslick foaming bore cleaner and I suggest everytime you clean the pistol which should be everytime you shoot it. Anyways, 30 minute soak in the barrel and comp is what I do the scratch away the lead and carbon with a dental pick. Works great.

Screenshot_20190210-151857_Gallery.jpg

I've heard spraying the comp with case lube after cleaning helps it come out easier the next time, anyone found this to be true? After poking my hand and cussing the last time I cleaned my .22 comp I've been wiping it with q tips after every firing and spraying it with lanolin wax/alcohol.

14 minutes ago, Furrly said:

Sarge, where are getting a hold of this stuff

It’s Homemade Dillon case lube. A mix of liquid Lanolin and 99% alcohol. $20 worth of stuff on amazon and you have case lube for years and years.

3 minutes ago, Sarge said:

It’s Homemade Dillon case lube. A mix of liquid Lanolin and 99% alcohol. $20 worth of stuff on amazon and you have case lube for years and years.

I figured that, is it 50/50 mix ration 

51 minutes ago, Furrly said:

I figured that, is it 50/50 mix ration 

Gosh no. It's much less lanolin. Start at about 15% lanolin and run some brass through the size die. Add a few drops of lanolin shake well and try again with other unsized cases until it feels like it's already been sized. LOL You just have to experiment with the ratio until it performs the way you want it to. Eventually you can kind of tell by the color.

36 minutes ago, Furrly said:

Maybe I didn't pose the question correctly, what's the mix ratio of alcohol and lanolin.. 

1:8 lanolin: alcohol

I saved this from an unknown website:

Home made case lube:
I have used this for years on 22-250 and .223. Works great.
Step One -Gather contents - 
Liquid Lanolin (100% pure was $7.00 at the local health food store) 
Isopropyl Alcohol (at minimum 91% $1.19 at the local drug store - 99% is best couldn't find it) 
If you go to an Auto Store ISO HEET is 99% Isopropyl 
New or Clean spray bottle (from the "Dollar" store) has ratio markings and ounce markings so it helps 

Step Two 
Warm the Lanolin in warm tap water (110 to 120 degrees F - NO OPEN FLAMES!) 
Do the same for the IPA, this will help in the mixing process. 

Step Three 
Pour 2 (two) ounces of the warmed Lanolin into the spray bottle 

Step Four 
Pour 16 (sixteen) ounces of the warmed IPA into the spray bottle giving you an 1:8 ratio 
This seem to be the ratio that best mimics Dillon Spray Lube (add more IPA if you feel it is too thick in your dies)

Step Five 
Shake until contents becomes homogenized and label the bottle accordingly (so you don't confuse it with CLP or something) 

3 minutes ago, Balakay said:

Home made case lube:
Isopropyl Alcohol (at minimum 91% $1.19 at the local drug store - 99% is best couldn't find it) 
New or Clean spray bottle (from the "Dollar" store) has ratio markings and ounce markings so it helps 

Step Two 

Step Three 

Step Four 
Pour 16 (sixteen) ounces of the warmed IPA into the spray bottle giving you an 1:8 ratio 
This seem to be the ratio that best mimics Dillon Spray Lube (add more IPA if you feel it is too thick in your dies)

Step Five 
Shake until contents becomes homogenized and label the bottle accordingly (so you don't confuse it with CLP or something) 

That is too sticky for me. Mine is prob more 1:16

18 minutes ago, Balakay said:

Home made case lube:

Step Two 

Step Three 

Step Four 

Step Five 

👍.. Thanks for the feedback