Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC start on table without safety on.

JFK714

At last weekends match we had an interesting circumstance occur. The stage had a table start with gun loaded and placed on the X pointed down range. A PCC shooter placed the loaded PCC on the table and the RO give the 'are you ready" commend and then the beep. The shooter did not move. When questioned by the RO the shooter informed him that he had not applied the safety and did not want to start the stage in that condition. As the RO what should you do at that point and or what call would you make? 

At last weekends match we had an interesting circumstance occur. The stage had a table start with gun loaded and placed on the X pointed down range. A PCC shooter placed the loaded PCC on the table and the RO give the 'are you ready" commend and then the beep. The shooter did not move. When questioned by the RO the shooter informed him that he had not applied the safety and did not want to start the stage in that condition. As the RO what should you do at that point and or what call would you make? 
Did the RO actually ASK if the shooter was ready or just speed through it as many RO's do? As the shooter i'd have argued I wasn't given a chance to complete making ready

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, JFK714 said:

Match D.Q.

well unless it it was a revolving PCC, or maybe an open bolt firing  thompson, greasegun or Uzi  but bolt was closed.  Or some other non cocked  DA but hammer down carbine I am unfamiliar with,,,
Yeh , Once he took hands off gun and steps back it has been "Placed"
10.5.11.1 A single action self-loading firearm with the safety not applied. If the primary safety on the firearm cannot be engaged due to the design of the firearm, and the hammer or trigger cannot be actuated in the condition the gun is in, the safety does not have to be applied. If the gun is completely empty, the safety need not be applied.

36 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

well unless it it was a revolving PCC, or maybe an open bolt firing  thompson, greasegun or Uzi  but bolt was closed.  Or some other non cocked  DA but hammer down carbine I am unfamiliar with,,,
Yeh , Once he took hands off gun and steps back it has been "Placed"
10.5.11.1 A single action self-loading firearm with the safety not applied. If the primary safety on the firearm cannot be engaged due to the design of the firearm, and the hammer or trigger cannot be actuated in the condition the gun is in, the safety does not have to be applied. If the gun is completely empty, the safety need not be applied.

I think you nailed it. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Rnlinebacker said:

Then it's a DQ as gun was not in safe condition after make ready command was given then followed by timer starting

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

"Did the RO rush!"

RO can rush, go slow mumble whatever.

Shooter is responsible for his/her gun and his/her operating it safely.

Shooter ALWAYS has the option of saying I'm NOT ready.

Edited by jcc7x7

23 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

"Did the RO rush!"

RO can rush, go slow mumble whatever.

Shooter is responsible for his/her gun and his/her operating it safely.

Shooter ALWAYS has the option of saying I'm NOT ready.

Doesnt matter whether the shooter was ready or not. It’s still a DQ as soon as the shooter lets go of the gun in an unsafe condition.