Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon XL 650 Case Feed Stop Switch

Just thought I'd post my thoughts about snowshooze latest gadget.

It's awesome. 

I've automated a 650 to deprime and size brass.  And with 40's when a nested 9mm round (or 10mm) gets stuck this case feed "switch" will get pushed back "off" and not strain the case feed mechanism.

The only issue is when I need to pull a round from the sizing station I'll grab it and pull it off.  5 seconds later it's back in.

I have no been asked to post this btw, just really impressed.

....and still amazed that Dillon has not released a 650+ that doesn't incorporate all these aftermarket gizmo's.

I'm a fan of snowshooze items, I've been looking at this and cannot figure out how exactly it works. I'm just a very visual person, could you please take a video that would be extremely helpful!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

There is a free way to do this. Just takes a 357 or 38 special case. Go to about the 1:40 mark in this Youtube video. I don't do it manually like he does. I just place the case in the press while the handle is at the bottom of the stroke.

On 1/25/2019 at 3:56 PM, Kpj313 said:

I'm a fan of snowshooze items, I've been looking at this and cannot figure out how exactly it works. I'm just a very visual person, could you please take a video that would be extremely helpful!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The case feed ramp is held in place by a detent and can be pulled back and kept further back on the track to prevent it from pushing the casefeed arm.

It’s works pretty slick and is a nicer part than what comes with the press, doesn’t need grease. You can also pull it out and flip it around for the rifle side in about 3 seconds. 

15 hours ago, muncie21 said:

Now the primer stop switch, I may give a try as it seems 'slightly' easier than unscrewing the primer advance plastic piece or removing the spring from the primer index wheel.

Yeah, I bought that from him. Works great, really like that part.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2019 at 8:44 PM, muncie21 said:

Another vote for short end of the allen wrench.

Now the primer stop switch, I may give a try as it seems 'slightly' easier than unscrewing the primer advance plastic piece or removing the spring from the primer index wheel.

Another vote for the primer stop switch. Only just got my XL650 and got myself one of those too. Just loaded up 500 rounds of 45 ACP and when a 'small primer' case slips through, you can feel the primer not want to go in, so remove the offending case, flick the switch, pull the handle, flick the switch back and you're rocking. No primer going down the chute. 

For a case feeder stop, I just use a 38 special case. Works really well. 

On 2/11/2019 at 12:02 PM, Fragman said:

Another vote for the primer stop switch. Only just got my XL650 and got myself one of those too. Just loaded up 500 rounds of 45 ACP and when a 'small primer' case slips through, you can feel the primer not want to go in, so remove the offending case, flick the switch, pull the handle, flick the switch back and you're rocking. No primer going down the chute. 

For a case feeder stop, I just use a 38 special case. Works really well. 

Interesting. When I hit a small primer 45 case, I just take the case off the press and replace it with a sized & capped LP case and continue as normal 😉

I usually keep a bag of capped and sized and sized and primed cases for "mishaps"

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have one on both my presses and its a wonderful invention! Just be aware he will send you whatever color he wants no matter what color you select. Some of these things i am shocked Dillon hasn’t developed on their own or bought the rights from one of these guys like snowshooz. His case feeder stop switch and primer stop switch are must haves. Yes there are other easy remedies as noted above by rigging something up but it’s nice to have it as a specific part of the press.

• 4 months later...

Snowshooze has some handy gadgets, but I have had some issues with his service. I ordered a blue index roller, the invoice says blue and he sent me a black one, no big deal I'll just use the black. I ordered the Top Plate washer on August 1, 2019, when I ordered they said delivery 8/8 to 8/21. It is 8/22 and I still do not have it. I'm waiting on the washer to install all the other items I bought that have been delivered.