Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 style mag release for CZ TS TSO and Czechmate

Magictalent

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That’s nice!

For about $44 plus shipping, it’s not bad at all considering the work I had to do to retrofit my TSO with the shadow 2 mag release pad.
Did you put your catch in a vise to drill it? This is my current project at the moment. I have access to a drill press and want to use that to drill and then turn the tap in the press chuck by hand, to start it straight.

I bought a Dormer M3 tap at Amazon, but received an empty little red plastic case in a huge 15 x 15" envelope. Kinda funny, but disappointing.

7 hours ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

Did you put your catch in a vise to drill it? This is my current project at the moment. I have access to a drill press and want to use that to drill and then turn the tap in the press chuck by hand, to start it straight.

I bought a Dormer M3 tap at Amazon, but received an empty little red plastic case in a huge 15 x 15" envelope. Kinda funny, but disappointing.

Yes. My drill  press has a vise and I also used a 2.5mm carbide drill bit since I have some on hand to make the job a lot easier. For tapping, I also the  for the press initially.

Sorry to hear about your  Amazon experience. I have a bunch of metric tap and dies since I needed them when building my RC race trucks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmmm, I have no issue with the stock mag release on the CM. I would be worried that it would be to easy to accidentally engage when not wanted. I would be interested on hearing from those that have this put in.

Hmmm, I have no issue with the stock mag release on the CM. I would be worried that it would be to easy to accidentally engage when not wanted. I would be interested on hearing from those that have this put in.
It took me awhile to get used to the mag release; I have no problem with it now. Many like the S2 paddle. I want to try it. haven't modified mine yet.

19 hours ago, abb1 said:

I orderd, but not ship or received yet. It will work well I think. The current mag release is too high for me and I will also need to adjust the spring pressure.

I don’t have any issues with mine. I grinded about 2-3 mm off of the stock TSO mag release before tapping and drilling it for the installation of the shadow 2 pad.

By grinding off 2-3mm, the height of the mag release with the shadow 2 pad installed is the same as the stock TSO mag release height.

stock mag release grounded down, drilled, tapped and roll pin installed. You’ll notice the checkering is gone on the TSO release.

6485666-F-4693-40-B3-9-B99-6329005-B19-D

Shadow 2 pad installed

E0-CE5-D26-7360-4-FB6-92-A7-E2-CD6-EBA10

AB82-B8-FD-1-BC9-4849-AE05-3-CFEDF7-ACE3

I was just about to order an extra release to have it shortened, drilled and tapped for the S2 paddle, which I love on the S2. Decided to check one last time at Sebo Weapons and they were back in stock, so I ordered one.  We’ll see how long it takes to arrive, but it’s still better than waiting for them to show up state-side. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, clw42 said:

Looks like they're up to $53 plus shipping and he only has blue and pink available.

You can get the blue or pink, and buy a different colour Paddle which they sell individually at Lok Grips for the shadow 2 which will fit. https://lokgrips.com/gun-grips/cz/cz-shadow-2/accessories/mag-release-button/

Edited by abb1

Just now, abb1 said:

You can get the blue or pink, and buy a different colour Paddle which they sell individually at Lok Grips for the shadow 2 which will fit.  

Ah, thanks!!

18 minutes ago, Fo0 said:

Are SeboWeapons Genuine CZ parts or his own made? 

A lot are CZ, but he also has aftermarket parts as well, such as LOK grips. If you email him about a particular product and if it is CZ or after market, he will answer you. He is pretty good. 

Edited by abb1

• 1 month later...

Mine took about ten days to arrive to Florida. Didn’t install it right away because I then learned I should probably have a spare screw for the mag catch spring on hand in case the one staked in the gun doesn’t come out nicely. Ordered a screw along with some other things I needed from CZ-USA. Original screw came out intact, new release is in and I’m much happier with it over the factory release. The paddle that Sebo ships does seem to be the Lok paddle as opposed to the colored S2 paddles that CZ makes. I was a little bummed by this as I already have several of the CZ colored parts on the gun,  it I suppose if it bothers me that much I can just get a colored S2 aluminum paddle and my OCD will be satisfied. 

• 2 weeks later...

I did the same thing as George did with sanding and then drilling and tapping the release. It was a fun project but it was my first time tapping something and i broke the tap off just seconds before i was finished. I had to toss the entire thing and buy a new release and start from scratch but came it out perfect. USE TAP FLUID! Dont make the same mistake i did lol. 

UfUE7na%RZiHpMBYCUkmyg_thumb_4369.jpg

I did the same thing as George did with sanding and then drilling and tapping the release. It was a fun project but it was my first time tapping something and i broke the tap off just seconds before i was finished. I had to toss the entire thing and buy a new release and start from scratch but came it out perfect. USE TAP FLUID! Dont make the same mistake i did lol. 
53051224_UfUE7naRZiHpMBYCUkmyg_thumb_4369.thumb.jpg.e0dc2c65dfad47207df85b584e95a203.jpg
hurley,

Is that the concealed hammer? Was it a drop in? If not,was it easy to fit? Any trouble with the safety working properly?

I was thinking of getting one, but worried about fitment.