Shadow 2 style mag release for CZ TS TSO and Czechmate

Magictalent

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

hurley,

Is that the concealed hammer? Was it a drop in? If not,was it easy to fit? Any trouble with the safety working properly?

I was thinking of getting one, but worried about fitment.

yes it is the newer concealed hammer. It comes OEM on the Parrot but can be purchased separately. I think CZUSA has a few in stock now. It was completely drop in! Safety works fine with the older TSO style and also the S2 style safety which i have installed. Getting the S2 safety installed is sometimes finnicky but it isnt due to fitment issues its just knowing how to install it properly. For me this hammer was only a visual enhancement. I didn't experience any better trigger pull or anything like that. I simply wanted a Parrot clone in TSO format.

I was able to accomplish this as well, if you know how to drill and tap metal its a 30 min. job including filing down the old one.  I (do not recommend) did not even remove it from the gun.

2019-03-08 12.37.59.jpg

• 1 year later...

To those who ordered directly from Sebo, how does it work ordering from them? I see their prices are listed in the Czech Koruna, and it looks like a lot of their info i their site is written in Czech. I’m assuming they’re not in the us because of this lol. IV never ordered from anyone not in the us before. So do I just place an order like usual and I’m assuming by credit card will do the conversion automatically? And it will likely take a bit to get here?
Thanks guys

28 minutes ago, looking4reloadingdeals said:

To those who ordered directly from Sebo, how does it work ordering from them? I see their prices are listed in the Czech Koruna, and it looks like a lot of their info i their site is written in Czech. I’m assuming they’re not in the us because of this lol. IV never ordered from anyone not in the us before. So do I just place an order like usual and I’m assuming by credit card will do the conversion automatically? And it will likely take a bit to get here?
Thanks guys

I ordered some springs from him last year. Your credit card automatically converts it to Czech Koruna or you can go to one of those currency converters and check the amount in dollars yourself.

The package includes tracking and it took three weeks for me to receive it here in Jacksonville. Keep in mind that this was pre-COVID-19. 

I was satisfied with my order and would not hesitate to order from him again. 

Edited to add:

It’s very surprising that CZ didn’t install this type of mag release on the 2019 and newer Czechmate. I have to drill and tap my Czechmate’s mag release like I did on my TSO.

Edited by George16

I ordered some springs from him last year. Your credit card automatically converts it to Czech Koruna or you can go to one of those currency converters and check the amount in dollars yourself.

The package includes tracking and it took three weeks for me to receive it here in Jacksonville. Keep in mind that this was pre-COVID-19. 

I was satisfied with my order and would not hesitate to order from him again. 

Thais George. I might try it then. Seems like a better idea than chopping mine/ a shadow 2 one up and screwing something up. I just had no idea how that worked ordering outside of the us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, looking4reloadingdeals said:

Thais George. I might try it then. Seems like a better idea than chopping mine/ a shadow 2 one up and screwing something up. I just had no idea how that worked ordering outside of the us

Youre welcome.

It’s certainly a better idea now that it’s available. One of the reasons I modified mine was because it was not available two years ago. Another reason I did it was because I have all the proper tools to modify two of them and have plenty of time.

Youre welcome.

It’s certainly a better idea now that it’s available. One of the reasons I modified mine was because it was not available two years ago. Another reason I did it was because I have all the proper tools to modify two of them and have plenty of time.

I have the knowledge to do it since I worked in a machine shop for 4 years, but I don’t have any of the tools to do it at the moment so it’s better to just spend the $50 and keep the stock one just in case than screw something up and need to spend the money for a new release anyways. That’s why I was hoping for $35 the S2 would be a drop in solution. But, I will go with this and wait for it to arrive.

• 7 months later...

Sorry for dragging this up from the dead, but I just got a TSO and wanted to substitute the orange parts for black parts.

I can get the mag base pads and aluminum grips from CZ USA, but can't find the Mag Catch Paddle anywhere.

Would an S2 paddle work?

If not, do I need to order a whole new mag catch?

Edited by RorgeRetson

1 hour ago, RorgeRetson said:

Sorry for dragging this up from the dead, but I just got a TSO and wanted to substitute the orange parts for black parts.

I can get the mag base pads and aluminum grips from CZ USA, but can't find the Mag Catch Paddle anywhere.

Would an S2 paddle work?

If not, do I need to order a whole new mag catch?

Same paddle. The screw has thread locker on it. Heat it up good with a soldering iron before removing or you will strip it out.

• 8 months later...
15 hours ago, DonCossack said:

Wait so how difficult is it to remove the tso mag catch? Is it just like the 75? I had a shadow 2 orange but didn't mess with it because I loved the paddle. I have a TSO on order and a mag catch with paddle on the way from sebo.

The new TSO (2019 and later) already comes with the mag catch paddle from the factory. I’m surprised you ordered one from Sebo since you won’t be needing it unless the TSO you’re buying is NOS from 2018 and earlier.

Edited by George16

59 minutes ago, George16 said:

The new TSO (2019 and later) already comes with the mag catch paddle from the factory. I’m surprised you ordered one from Sebo since you won’t be needing it unless the TSO you’re buying is NOS from 2018 and earlier.

I just learned it's a new model. I haven't gotten the delivery yet and the picture online was the old model so I basically ordered it for no reason. Oh well.

2 minutes ago, George16 said:

You can always sell it. 

On gunbroker or is there a better place to sell to competition shooters? I just realized there's classifieds on here too. I'll check that out. Thanks for the help!

Edited by DonCossack

1 minute ago, DonCossack said:

On gunbroker or is there a better place to sell to competition shooters? I just realized there's classifieds on here too. I'll check that out. Thanks for the help!

You can’t sell it here unless you have at least 50 posts. Read the guidelines so you won’t get in trouble with the mods.

• 1 year later...

Easy modification to carry out. grind 1.2mm off square, drill 2.5mm hole for 3x0.5mm tap. Drill a 2mm hole for roll pin 6mm from center of threaded hole. Ends up the same as a purchased one, no modification to the magazine release button extension pad required. You may have to heat the area being drilled and let cool, it is a bit hard to drill.

• 2 weeks later...