Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow 2

konkapot

Shadow 2-Stock or Tuned  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Your Shadow 2 is

• Tuned; trigger, sights, disconnector, fairy dust, etc. Mechanical modifcations to make the gun run better.
    • Stock; at most a grip change.

12 minutes ago, MsDV8 said:

😂 Finally, someone with a sense of humour around this place!  What about at any distance?  Figure you’re good enough to miss at the one yard line?

Name the time and place, champ!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, yigal said:

ת××× × ×§×©×ר×

🙉

Is that me in fuchsia on the left and MoRivera in red?.  Well,.... I’ve lost already, clearly; he’s sticking his lance right through my left eye while I’m trying to  knock that ridiculous pompon holding a smaller lance, off the top of his head.  But, I’m clearly at a disadvantage here, just look at the withers and neck on his ride and @MoRivera has got much bigger biceps.  But check out the size of my calves!  If he gets off his horse and I haven’t died of a traumatic brain injury, I am going to kick him into next week, him with his skinny little chicken legs.

Edited by MsDV8

22 hours ago, fluffybadbad said:

I can maaaybe believe that for Master, but A is casting a pretty big net.

Practice will make more perfect, no matter what you do or don't do to your gun. Can we get back on topic?

Thank you Jeff!

On 1/31/2019 at 4:56 PM, MsDV8 said:

I can hear the cackling from down the street.  

Take two equally ranked A classified shooters.  Both are mentally and physically on top of their game.  Practice regularly, shoot the stages identically, etc. etc. etc.  One is shooting a stock production gun (CZ Shadow 2) with a factory trigger job, usually a 9 pound D/A trigger pull, the other is shooting a production gun (CZ Shadow 2) with a 5 pound D/A trigger pull and adjusted springs so that the recoil is dampened to the point that it’s still allowing the gun to cycle properly but felt recoil is significantly reduced.  Who has the advantage?  

I'd be willing to say that they could probably trade guns the morning of the match and neither would would hardly have any difference in there respective performances. All that stuff is a matter of taste and I predict the custom work would hardly make any difference in performance.

Further more the worked on gun would barely have a double action of less than 7.5 pounds on a good day. Felt recoil with plus or minus pound springs is minimal at best. Again its a matter of taste. Custom guns aren't going to make a shooter at that level. For a C shooter who never shoots a double action it might make a slight difference

Edited by Flyingpig

On 2/2/2019 at 8:08 PM, Flyingpig said:

You're joking right? At the very least you're trolling us right?

Dear Flyingpig, I am only speaking for myself.  I DO find IDPA harder.  I have a medical disability that affects me cognitively (that means my brain doesn’t work like it used to before I was diagnosed) as well as physically and have had to give up most Adrenalin fueled sports as a result. 

I find IDPA with it’s multiple shooting changes within a stage: ie.  Shoot this target first, this target next; put this many rounds in this area of the third target, then switch to shooting with your non dominant hand and put this many rounds in this area of fourth target, then you need to pick up this item and carry it in your non-dominant hand and shoot the remaining targets of the stage with your dominant hand only (and blind folded....I’m joking about that), but hopefully I make my point.  IPSC, with it’s straight forward, shoot them as you see them; allowances to walk and airgun the stage befor you shoot, and strategize how you’re going to shoot the stage to make it work for you....yes, for MY brain, THAT is easy.  

I did not mean any offence to IPSC shooters or IPSC.  If it seems like I am joking around, it’s because I’m trying not to take myself too seriously because I am normally quite driven and it’s been a huge adjustment for me.  It’s hard to find sports that I can do that don’t overtax me physically and mentally and shooting in general with their short stages, for me under a minute at worst, are perfect for challenging my brain to work like it once did while not burying me under a mountain of crushing fatigue.

Thank you for your understanding.

Edited by MsDV8

very interesting MsDV8, I would have thought the strategy required on IPSC stages where YOU have to figure out the best way to shoot the stage vs IDPA where it's required you shoot it a specific way, would be harder not easier. I know since my head injury I've found strategizing stages much harder than before. I used to be able to walk about and know the right way almost instantly, now it can take a few walkthroughs before I get it, if I get it. and the memorizing and visualising of the stage is a lot harder now too. 

10 hours ago, MsDV8 said:

Dear Flyingpig, I am only speaking for myself.  I DO find IDPA harder.  I have a medical disability that affects me cognitively (that means my brain doesn’t work like it used to before I was diagnosed) as well as physically and have had to give up most Adrenalin fueled sports as a result. 

I find IDPA with it’s multiple shooting changes within a stage: ie.  Shoot this target first, this target next; put this many rounds in this area of the third target, then switch to shooting with your non dominant hand and put this many rounds in this area of fourth target, then you need to pick up this item and carry it in your non-dominant hand and shoot the remaining targets of the stage with your dominant hand only (and blind folded....I’m joking about that), but hopefully I make my point.  IPSC, with it’s straight forward, shoot them as you see them; allowances to walk and airgun the stage befor you shoot, and strategize how you’re going to shoot the stage to make it work for you....yes, for MY brain, THAT is easy.  

I did not mean any offence to IPSC shooters or IPSC.  

i think that ipsc much smarter organization than idpa . u know why in ipsc  all targets not like in idpa without  heads?

because they know that :the head is not in all people is a vital organ.😉🙉

4 hours ago, slavex said:

very interesting MsDV8, I would have thought the strategy required on IPSC stages where YOU have to figure out the best way to shoot the stage vs IDPA where it's required you shoot it a specific way, would be harder not easier. I know since my head injury I've found strategizing stages much harder than before. I used to be able to walk about and know the right way almost instantly, now it can take a few walkthroughs before I get it, if I get it. and the memorizing and visualising of the stage is a lot harder now too. 

As I mentioned before.  In IDPA, there are numerous changes within the stage that you need to follow.  More often than not I earn more penalties than I do points in IDPA because I can’t remember the sequences.  In IPSC, provided I make my shots count, I can only lose percentages due to Mikes and time, points for hits scored remain the same.  If another shooter shoots the stage faster than me, but has more Mikes or C and D’s and I’m a bit slower but score more A’s, then what?  The other person wins because they’re a bit faster but a whole lot less accurate?  IPSC is all about who can shoot the stage the fastest and the most accurately correct?  I’m not at the level yet with IPSC that I can strategize a stage and reap any benefit from it, if I even remember; I see a target, I shoot the target and hopefully I’m not at slide lock after shooting a popper that activates a time sensitive swinger or other such target.  I am close to holding my own against much more experienced shooters than myself in IPSC, but suck hind tit consistently in IDPA, even against Revolver shooters.  Go figure.  Maybe because IDPA is way harder.  For me.  Not for you.  Not for Flying Pig.  Not for Yigal.  Me.  Full stop.

Edited by MsDV8

On 2/4/2019 at 9:03 PM, slavex said:

I think you are right.  To get the best result you do have to read the stage and figure out the best plan for you to shoot the stage.  Up until now, IDPA was more drafted.  The stage procedure did not allow for really any variance on how the stage was shot.  The thinking was if everyone shoots the stage the same way the winner will be the best shooter.  Lately, this type of thinking has lost favour among some who prefer the USPSA/IPSC concept you describe.  Both work  I enjoy both, though for personal reasons I shoot more IDPA.  In my opinion I think it is nice to have both.  It gives us all choices.  Over the past few years IDPA has moved a lot closer to IPSC style shooting.  Some like this change others not so much.

Right now the scoring method is the most significant difference between the sports.  With the 1 point/1 second time penalty now used in IDPA the sport really does favour accuracy.  IDPA stages are shorter and take less time to shoot so you can ill afford to add seconds to your score.  IPSC requires accuracy and speed.  If you are fast enough you can afford to take the odd Charlie and still do well.  IDPA not so much. MsDV8 overstates the issue she runs into a bit.  We don't often run stages where the amount of shots required changes during the stage.  If there is a change it virtually always occurs at the start of the stage.    

I would be the first to admit I do not shoot IPSC well.  I seem to have settled into the idea you start on the left and you move to the right shooting as you go.  This works sometimes but most of the time there are better ways and I admire those who can read stages as well as they do.  It takes skill.

Take Care

Bob

Edited by robertbank
Can't type