Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2019 Hawaii State Championships 11-14Apr2019

Hey Guys,

Well, I haven't been here in forever...

Anyway, our State Match is up on Practiscore and USPSA but the last time I looked, I don't think Troy had approved our Level II status.  Ten stages plus chrono, two days in half-day shooting format.  I believe we're doing trophies and perhaps modest prizes and that's mostly because we in VISSC all suck at asking for prizes.  I noticed another (closed) thread about traveling here from a potential entrant and I won't deny that the registration process is a little annoying, but I'm pretty sure that those who've come to shoot it in past years will tell you they had a good time.  And it is Maui, after all.

You can take what HI5-0 said as most accurate.  The place you go from the airport is 55 Mahalani Street, Wailuku HI 96793.  Park in the lot, go in the glass doors facing the flagpole and turn right.  At the windows to Records, inform the person who's there that you need to register your gun(s).  Have an appropriate photo ID: driver's license or passport.  You will also need proof of citizenship, like a birth certificate (yes, I KNOW).  The $42.00 FBI Rapback fee has to be in a certifiable form like a cashier's check or cash.  The person will give you a form to fill out with the gun's info: caliber, barrel length, S/N, etc. or she may just ask you to open the case and take it herself as she gets the S/N.  Once you're through, you don't ever have to re-register that gun or pay the fee again...good if you DO have a good time and wanna come back sometime.

As of right now, the match is full, and we're wait-listing people, but only about two-thirds have paid so I expect there to be slots if you want to get in.  If you REALLY want to come shoot with us, drop me a line and I'll see what I can do.  Any other questions, same thing.

Aloha,

Skye

p.s. Any questions about that signature, especially if you remember me differently, just ask.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to remember why I didn't sign up for this match. 😀 It turns out, we are going to Berry's Steel in UT and then hitting some parks on the way back. That said, I would of signed up for this had BSO not been planned first. For the curious, here is the PS link:

https://practiscore.com/2019-hawai-i-state-handgun-championships/register

I also found out Area 6 is going to be on or near the weekend of our match?  We're getting a lot of requests to withdraw.  Oh, well.  There's always two years from now, since we host on Maui for odd-numbered years. For those who are still attending...mahalo.

Edited by gino_aki
Typo

not that I would come, but just occurred to me I have 2 pretty good limited guns and 1 a 40 1911 SS I built I registered in Hi,, no idea where the forms are.... Just remember the idiot in the booth insisting my 40 was a 45  cause he "JUST KNEW"  a 1911 could only be a 45,, plus he was pretty butthurt I put my name in the MFG block... as I had built the gun myself... again,, couldnt comprehend,,,  said I didnt need to be shooting if I was too dumb to know what ammo to buy... 
Learned to shoot USPSA on Oahu with Rhat Rhat Boys and another club I cant recall name,,,  Ion was the MD every other week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...