Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Romeo3 on an Open gun?

vgdvc

Just now, Explosiveo said:

All the new Sig Optics are significantly brighter. Like even brighter then the DPP. The 6moa Romeo 1 is the only one I know of that is available now. But pretty sure everything will be getting extra brightess.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Interesting. How will we be able to identify a “new” model Romeo 3?

Interesting. How will we be able to identify a “new” model Romeo 3?
I dont have any knowledge of that. But I'm sure when stuff comes out it will become obvious. Will be some kind of difference. New model etc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

New optics have been rumored to come out at shot show and then release for sale in March. Max has designed a new dot that was created to meet the needs of competition shooters and I know someone who has seen it in person and they believe it will be worth the wait as it combines the R1 and R3 while having an even bigger lens. 

7 minutes ago, lacivilian said:

New optics have been rumored to come out at shot show and then release for sale in March. Max has designed a new dot that was created to meet the needs of competition shooters and I know someone who has seen it in person and they believe it will be worth the wait as it combines the R1 and R3 while having an even bigger lens. 

Excellent. We need pics.

Thanks to all who responded to this thread. I received my Romeo3 today. Only had it out of the package turned on  next to my Cmore slide ride but Wow! Looks very promising! I have to decide on n a mount. Either Brazos slipstream or Atlas/RHT with blast sheild. I have a 5" barrel Brazos pistol with 4 popples so I may contact Brazos and see if I need a sheild or not. It was also glad to see Romeo 3 is made in Japan. Good optics and QC compared to China etc. I'll report back once it is in use.....

On 12/21/2018 at 8:56 PM, vgdvc said:

Thanks to all who responded to this thread. I received my Romeo3 today. Only had it out of the package turned on  next to my Cmore slide ride but Wow! Looks very promising! I have to decide on n a mount. Either Brazos slipstream or Atlas/RHT with blast sheild. I have a 5" barrel Brazos pistol with 4 popples so I may contact Brazos and see if I need a sheild or not. It was also glad to see Romeo 3 is made in Japan. Good optics and QC compared to China etc. I'll report back once it is in use.....

I would get the Atlas with blast shield solely so that you won't get oil flying up on the lens, gas isn't usually the issue. 4 popples means 4 holes for oil to slip through and get thrown onto the lens. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2018 at 7:48 PM, Fo0 said:

The battery would die less than 24 hours

"draining batteries when powered off"

had a replacement in exactly one month with Christmas and New Years in between.

If anyone has no use of their romeo3 low Picatinny mount I would be interested in it to put it on my Vepr 12 - PM me or respond here if willing. Thanks

On 12/16/2018 at 6:53 PM, lacivilian said:

It is essentially a slightly better version of the RTS2. Same mounting pattern and Atlas sells R3 specific mounts. Every DPP shooter that has played with my R3 has been an immediate convert. It really is a very very good option.

B185A86A-611E-484A-A224-6DDB676A32FF.thumb.jpeg.d77384067c173e1c9ac9ec42b64489c0.jpeg

44590823_1855057881208539_4958839974330892288_n.jpg

I kinda disagree with this . I ran the R3 for a little over a month and shot maybe 3k rounds before it broke. Kept shutting off in the middle of stages randomly. Happened twice at a club match nd once at a sectional . I also had a similar experience with a DPP but that took maybe 6k before it broke. Been  running an rts 2 since and it has over 10 k with zero issues.  And i see most people running rts 2 s around my area and have had good results 

1 hour ago, Knguyen1904 said:

I kinda disagree with this . I ran the R3 for a little over a month and shot maybe 3k rounds before it broke. Kept shutting off in the middle of stages randomly. Happened twice at a club match nd once at a sectional . I also had a similar experience with a DPP but that took maybe 6k before it broke. Been  running an rts 2 since and it has over 10 k with zero issues.  And i see most people running rts 2 s around my area and have had good results 

And It looks like I bought that Romeo off of you... Thanks... Glad to know I should send this back to sig and see if they will repair it....

9 hours ago, Shmella said:

And It looks like I bought that Romeo off of you... Thanks... Glad to know I should send this back to sig and see if they will repair it....

Sig has a outstanding warranty,  just be the downtime while replacement or repairs are done, but deff classy that someone would sell and damaged item

11 hours ago, Knguyen1904 said:

9 hours ago, Shmella said:

You’re the only person I know of that has had this experience and I hate to hear that. On the other hand, selling a broken red dot to a member on this forum without stating it is about the shittiest thing I can think of. I would be ashamed to shoot with or against you one day. 

Do you know the one he sold is the one he was referencing and not a replacement or a different one?  You're acting like it's news to you so the one you bought must be working.. seems like a bunch of people are assuming a little too much to me.

I have put very limited amount of rounds through the gun with it. It came well used looking so I’m assuming it’s the one. Also have noticed the brightness dropped to the lowest setting one time mid shooting. Maybe it’s not the one he’s referring to but I think it is... 

Edited by Shmella

On 1/8/2019 at 6:09 AM, Shmella said:

I still have the one that wasn’t working. I sold you the one off my backup  that hadnt even been shot much yet. The one I was having issues with I threw on my at pistol

For the record I messaged shmella offering to buy it back if he truly feels I sold him a knowingly broken dot . The one I sold him was off my backup practice gun which had not been giving me any issues . Again the broken one is now on my AR rifle I just plink with . 

16 hours ago, Garmil said:

Do you know the one he sold is the one he was referencing and not a replacement or a different one?  You're acting like it's news to you so the one you bought must be working.. seems like a bunch of people are assuming a little too much to me.

Thanks for not being the only one jumping to conclusions . I’ve been had on gun part deals before and it sucks. I would never do that to anyone else 

If you have a Romeo 3 that shuts off while shooting, try tightening the tiny screws on the underside of the optic.  I had a Romeo 3 that was shutting off.  I called  Sig and they said that was usually the reason for  that particular problem.  So I took the dot off the mount and sure enough every one of those tiny screws was loose.  Tightened them back up and haven’t had a problem. 

• 1 month later...