Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ear Protection Upgrade

chess5

I'm trying to find some either earplugs or earphones that have a good dB rating and ideally have Bluetooth connectivity to my phone for audio.  I have collected several pairs of Howard Leight electronic earphones and some surefire plugs but, I'd really like to add something that I can listen to podcasts through while shooting. Also, under $200 would be good.

Does anyone know of anything on the market that might be good to take a look at?

3 hours ago, hrhawk said:

Harris and Son. They are $$$ but they have what you are looking for. 

That is perfect other than the fact they cost $3000. As a college student that's just a touch out of my price range. I'll have to take another look at those in a few years.

• 3 weeks later...

Peltor Tactical 500. Bluetooth and 26 dB rated. Gel cups made even quieter.  Add in gel cups and rechargeable battery.  My Howards didn’t fit my head to well as the head band was more U shaped, these are more rounded but extend out for a much taller head. Comfy all day even for my big ears. I got mine on sale from Midway for $98. Couldn’t pass up the deal 

Edited by Demp223
More info

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2018 at 3:09 AM, chess5 said:

That is perfect other than the fact they cost $3000. As a college student that's just a touch out of my price range. I'll have to take another look at those in a few years.

Bro, don’t feel bad. I’m a Thoracic Surgeon and it’s out of my price range. I just went the Peltor 500 / Gel Cup route from Amazon. I haven’t used them to shoot yet or to make calls yet while shooting, but so far they turn on at least, 🤣 

18 hours ago, Silverscooby27 said:

Bro, don’t feel bad. I’m a Thoracic Surgeon and it’s out of my price range. I just went the Peltor 500 / Gel Cup route from Amazon. I haven’t used them to shoot yet or to make calls yet while shooting, but so far they turn on at least, 🤣 

These are a great pair for the money. Smaller the units get the more money you spend and the actual hearing quality goes down imo  

• 1 month later...