Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blitkrieg buffer failure

18 hours ago, MoRivera said:

... I like that the Blazer is a completely plated bullet (including the base) that leaves less lead buildup, and its velocity if listed relatively low (around 1125)...

Blazer lists its 9mm as FMJ, which is full metal jacket.  They also refer to TMJ (encased-core full jacket) but I can't find that in 9mm.  I would certainly like to find TMJ at a reasonable price.

Blazer gives a velocity of 1145 ft/sec out of a 4 inch barrel.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, BartCarter said:

... They also refer to TMJ (encased-core full jacket) but I can't find that in 9mm.  I would certainly like to find TMJ at a reasonable price....

Found it.  They call it Blazer Clean Fire.  AL case and TMJ bullet.  124 gr is about 1090 ft/sec.  Found it at about 23 cents a round.  

9 hours ago, BartCarter said:

Blazer lists its 9mm as FMJ, which is full metal jacket.  They also refer to TMJ (encased-core full jacket) but I can't find that in 9mm.  I would certainly like to find TMJ at a reasonable price.

Blazer gives a velocity of 1145 ft/sec out of a 4 inch barrel.

I found out here that Blazer is now plated.  Whichever, really....it's nice to have less smoke and buildup.

12 hours ago, Startingover said:

I run a lot of 115g blazer brass.

I consider it the ammo that my gun is set up for.

It's the lightest shooting, readily available, factory ammo I have found, not to mention, it's some of the least expensive.

The syntech stuff is softer shooting, but it's more expensive and can be hard to get at times.

So I have built both of mine on blazer.

Yeah, I want to try a few boxes of Syntech, and if I really like it Il'l get it just for certain matches.  Although if it requires very different and specific tuning of my PCC compared to now, then it might not be worth the bother.

On 2/20/2019 at 5:26 PM, MoRivera said:

I found out here that Blazer is now plated.  Whichever, really....it's nice to have less smoke and buildup.

This has been on my mind.  I bought some 500 round packs a few months ago listed as Blazer Brass FMJ.  I took out the bullet and guess what - the bullet is actually TMJ, not FMJ.

So now I have 2500 rounds of TMJ I didn't know about! 😝

3 hours ago, dmshozer1 said:

What page did this become a type of bullet thread?

Are shooters having trouble with the Blitz. or not?

Yes!  Someone please delete all the information about what shoots better with the different combinations and followup advice.  Just give a yes or no to "Are shooters having trouble with the Blitz. or not?".

12 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

No troubles with RB5007 + JP .308 carbine spring and 136 PF ammo.  Around 1500 rds and no buffer failure.

Add the stainless steel  short stroke spacer and I have trigger reset problems.

Guys at blitzkrieg specifically told me to only use the spacer with the HD buffer. However I did run it with the 5007 and no other spacers and had zero problems. 

As others have said, after upgrading to the HD version, the 5007 will sit aside for now since the the HD and weight make a great short stroke system. Zero problems with it. 

On 3/1/2019 at 11:58 AM, Flatland Shooter said:

No troubles with RB5007 + JP .308 carbine spring and 136 PF ammo.  Around 1500 rds and no buffer failure.

Add the stainless steel  short stroke spacer and I have trigger reset problems.

Mill .1” off the length of your spacer and your reset problems will go away.

Shot mine yesterday with the HD buffer and .308 riffle and carbine spring.  With the spacer it failed to reset the trigger only after the first shot .  Couple different magazines.  Even a couple 21 round mags down loaded to 10 rounds.  Very odd behavior.  I took the spacer out and it worked as normal.  I had about .6 of spacer in before so maybe I will try milling the .1 off the stainless spacer

I received them late last night, and may poke at it a little bit today.

But the weight feels much heavier than my steel bushing I have been using as a spacer.

I will probably get out the scale, and also try and install this new setup, if I get time.

Edited by Startingover

I tried one of their weights in front of my 5005 (.308 carbine) buffer, took out the wave spring in rear.  Kick-wise it lessened it a bit, but it seemed to cycle a bit slower and didn't lock back on empty mag.  I think I've just resigned to the wave spring + .308 Carbine spring + buffer.  Cycles the quickest so my dot gets back on faster.  Tried a few lighter handholds from a fellow shooter, and that's obviously the real key to getting recoil down and followups faster.

31 minutes ago, MoRivera said:

So for those who have tried/bought both the 5007 and the newer 5015 (HD), and sorry if redundant for asking, what differences do you feel with all else in the system being equal?

The 5015 HD with the 2.6oz spacer short strokes the pcc and makes it extremely soft when compared to the 5007. 

21 minutes ago, mellino19 said:

The 5015 HD with the 2.6oz spacer short strokes the pcc and makes it extremely soft when compared to the 5007. 

I meant just the two buffers compared in the same spring setup.

On 3/9/2019 at 3:47 PM, MoRivera said:

I meant just the two buffers compared in the same spring setup.

This response may be useless but unfortunately I haven't tested just the 5015 with the .308 spring since Blitzkrieg recommends the set up in specific manners, although if I get some range time in this coming Saturday I can pop the 2.6oz weight out and see how the 5015HD feels.

Doesn't answer @MoRivera s question, but I compared my two rifles today (with 115gr blazer brass) and I am not convinced the new Blitz HD version is better, but still working with it. (Not short stroked yet)

Gun 1- (13.5 Taccom  tension barrel)

A5 length tube, wave spring in bottom with a quarter, 308 carbine spring, HD Blitz buffer, + weight. (Bolt catch still works)

VS.

Gun 2- (16" barrel/vg6)

carbine lenghth tube, wave spring in the bottom with a quarter, 308 rifle spring, original Blitz buffer.

(Bolt catch just barely works)

Results = gun 2 easier to keep on target.

Next- I only switched the main springs.

Results from change =

Gun 1 - much better 

Gun 2 - not much change

(The two are very close now, but gun 2 might still be a hair easier?)

More experiments to follow.

Edited by Startingover
On 3/4/2019 at 8:40 AM, Timido said:

Shot mine yesterday with the HD buffer and .308 riffle and carbine spring.  With the spacer it failed to reset the trigger only after the first shot .  Couple different magazines.  Even a couple 21 round mags down loaded to 10 rounds.  Very odd behavior.  I took the spacer out and it worked as normal.  I had about .6 of spacer in before so maybe I will try milling the .1 off the stainless spacer

I think some of that is getting used to how firm you need to hold pcc. My brother has that issue, I will shoot his pcc and no problems. 

16 hours ago, HoMiE said:

I think some of that is getting used to how firm you need to hold pcc. My brother has that issue, I will shoot his pcc and no problems. 

I've been shooting this one for a couple years now.   I took the weight out and it ran fine.   I will shoot it this week with the .100 shorter weight

On 3/11/2019 at 7:19 PM, HoMiE said:

I think some of that is getting used to how firm you need to hold pcc. 

If the buffer system requires a very firm grip (held tightly into the shoulder?) I feel it may not be too good for competition.

I keep my PCC setup where it is reliable no matter how its held.  A very sharp lean on the weak side may require you fire the shot holding the gun in both hands and the buttstock nowhere near my shoulder (thank you Mister laser). Same with some low ports.

Its a total package.  Buffer + spring + spacers (if desired) + ammo need to function 100% of the time.