Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dirt-cheap Non-plastic Limited Gun!

Carmoney

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good lookin gun you have.

I like the grip panels, are they stock? Can a guy get a set of them from somewhere? I have an Armscor .40 with ICE Magwell and Dawson FO front sight. I think I'm going to try some skateboard tape on the front strap since mine is smooth.

Good lookin gun you have.

I like the grip panels, are they stock? Can a guy get a set of them from somewhere? I have an Armscor .40 with ICE Magwell and Dawson FO front sight. I think I'm going to try some skateboard tape on the front strap since mine is smooth.

The grips came standard on the Medallion and might be available from Armscor in Nevada.

I finally got a chance to run some ammo through the gun. Accuracy is good and the gun runs perfectly with Winchester "white box" 165-grain ball ammo. The trigger is good with a nice clean break. The Medallion looks like it'll be a winner!

I did buy a Dawson basepad for the factory Mec-Gar magazine. It fits fine and increases capacity to an easy 19 rounds or a stuffed 20. I've only got the one magazine but I'll order some additional mags and basepads from Brownell's next time I place an order.

Armscor makes the Medallion in a single stack also. I might have to pick one up.

• 3 weeks later...
I used this pistol to shoot in a match over at Rio Salado yesterday. It ran fine the whole match even when loaded all the way up with 22 rounds.

I was suprised how well it ran. The mags aren't even tuned and it didn't even hiccup. I squadded with Tokarev and he let me check the gun out in the safe area and I am seriously considering purchasing one. I'm not sure what it is (maybe just in my head) but it feels more like a single stack rather than a double stack .40 in my hands. I felt like I'd picked up my 1911 with thicker grips. He also did reloads with 21 rounds in the mag with no problem.

• 2 weeks later...
thats one sharp lookin armscor tok, Where did you get it? from IVAN?

will you PM me the approximate price for one?

Thanks

Harmon

Yes, I got the gun from Ivan. I believe he's got these on sort of a "close-out," as he is going to be bringing these guns in under the Rock Island banner in the future. That's a smart move, as the Rock Island name is fairly well known. Some guys bash on the RIA guns but they are pretty tough to beat for the money.

PM Ivan and tell him you'd like to get one. I know he's sold a couple more since I posted this. I hope he's still got some left.

Here shortly I hope to purchase the Medallion in a single stack.

I used this pistol to shoot in a match over at Rio Salado yesterday. It ran fine the whole match even when loaded all the way up with 22 rounds.

...and I am seriously considering purchasing one.

Jasmap,

If you do want to get one, let me know. Maybe we can get Ivan to put them in the same box and save us a little shipping.

Will you be at Pima this coming weekend? I plan on it but you never know.

Where can you purchase a 9mm Armscor,I was searching online but only came up with .45 models.

www.armscor.com.ph. They have US dealers based in Nevada and Pennsylvania.

ARMSCOR PRECISION

150 N Smart Way

Pahrump, NV 89060

Tel. No. (775) 537-1444

Fax No. (775) 537-1446

E-mail address: armscor@armscor.net

KBI , INC.

P.O. Box 6625

Harrisburg , PA. 17112

Tel. No. (717) 540-8518

Fax No. (717) 540-8567

E-mail address: sales@kbi-inc.com

Edited by tfs

• 3 months later...

I sent the gun off to Tripp Research. Here's how it looks now.

I just got done replacing the factory fiber optic front sight with a Brazos Lightning Rod. With the long front sight blade, it appears that the dovetail is not quite square. Either that or I cut the sight base at an angle. Oh, well. It's really not that noticeable.

Looking good!

8.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

I think I just found my next limited gun. I have the same questions as Resjudicata, is there somewhere to order one other than an auction? I've been searching and haven't found any stocking dealers. Also, are the trigger parts, mags, etc the same as the para?

Thanks,

MT

I ordered this gun from Ivan Walcott of Armscor. He's on the board here and goes by blackdragon.

I bought this a few months back and don't know if he's got any more in stock. Ivan told me that they are going to phase out the Armscor stuff and start bringing in guns strictly under the Rock Island name.

Anyway, give Ivan a PM and see what he says. For the money, I can't see a better deal on a Limited/Limited 10 blaster!

I don't have a Para to compare this with but, as far as I know, it takes Para and/or standard 1911 parts. I do know that factory Para mags work great.

I think I should be paid a commission on every Armscor/RIA that is sold to a competition shooter here in the States. I maintain I was the first, and this thread is my proof!! ;)

Carmoney,

You might have been the first to play with the Hi-Cap stuff but I was running a Filipino single stack .38 Super in late 2004. That gun went through several changes and ended up as a 9mm single stack. I used it to make "A" class in Limited 10.

Rock Island/Armscor makes a great gun for the money. Too bad so many people are turned off by the cheap price and country of origin. Hopefully Ivan will come out with some guns that are more readily useable in our sport with features like big sights and beavertails from the factory. I know he's got a "target" model coming out soon but haven't seen any pictures or specs on it yet.

Actually I think Ivan told me they were going to phase out all the stuff imported under the Armscor name and sell guns under the Rock Island banner. Hopefully we'll have more info soon. Are you reading this, Ivan?

• 4 years later...