Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6.5" 625 Enhanced Revolver

Randy Lee

Randy,

You and Frankengun keep March open for now.

We (Silver Creek ICORE) are planning a large ICORE match in March 2006 (working on Regional level).

We intend to have four or five classifiers for the East/mideast bunch to get classified before IRC and then some good stages and sidematches.

I expect the prize table will be nice also.

We have discussed inviting you as the guest gun guru and have you "tittilate" us with Frankengun. The range is just outside of Louisville and a great place to shoot. (Ky sectional and Area 5 held there).

It will be March weather so you'll need your homespun wool socks for your Birkenstocks :D

More to follow.

Dave

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy,

We (Silver Creek ICORE) are planning a large ICORE match in March 2006 (working on Regional level).

We intend to have four or five classifiers for the East/mideast bunch to get classified before IRC and then some good stages and sidematches.

We have discussed inviting you as the guest gun guru and have you "tittilate" us with Frankengun. The range is just outside of Louisville and a great place to shoot. (Ky sectional and Area 5 held there).

It will be March weather so you'll need your homespun wool socks for your Birkenstocks :D

More to follow.

Dave

Dave,

That sounds like fun! I'll keep March open- heaven knows I will need all the practice I can get before the IRC.

I'll bring my solar powered electric socks and my infinite shelf life irradiated tofu. :D

Hey Middle Man,

I have to wonder if I'm the thorn in their side.

:(

Randy

Randy,

More to follow.

Dave

Dave, Mike Lutrell is setting in for the Southern Regional ICORE match the 4th of March in 2006. I would like to be able to attend the SilverCreek match also, if I would be able to juggle some stuff.

Bubber,

I will be shooting Aikidale's steel challenge match tomorrow with Zookeeper (Silver Creek ICORE match director). We'll see what we can come up with.

I did fail to mention that our ICORE in March will run in conjunction with Aikidale's steel challenge. You will be able to shoot both matches the same day.

We hope to see a great turnout and would be happy to have you.

I know Zookeeper is planning on a j-frame sidematch and possibly a shotgun sidematch.

We also may make fun of Randy's California hippie attire-but it won't be an official sidematch.

:D

Dave

Edited by Airedale

The cylinder is shipped as an assembly(new extractor star). If you use the supplied star, the timing ratchets will need to be fitted to the rest of the gun.

If you have a current model 625, there is a good chance that the star from your existing cylinder will time correctly when installed in the new cylinder. NOTE: The fit and timing should be checked by someone familiar with the system (i.e. competent gunsmith) if you are unsure.

Engineering Geek Tip- use a Power Custom cylinder bearing to adjust any end play. Even if there is not any, you may want to have one fitted to the cylinder to prolong the service life.

• 1 month later...

I suspect that as more Ti cylinders get used by IDPA, IPSC/USPSA and ICORE shooters more data will be available from sources other than myself(thanks Chris).

I will be bringing the 6.5" proto-Frankengun to the SHOT Show.

Edited by Randy Lee

Well, as I think I said on another thread, you all really need to give me a couple of years to see if these whoop-de-doo Ti cylinders are worth the trouble. I've only got ~1500 rounds through this cylinder, so that's not nearly enough field testing. As also previously reported, my lovely Bride bought me a backup ("B") 625 for my birthday in October. The plan now is for Santa to bring lots of goodies on his sleigh to get it tricked up to "A" gun standards. Here's some pretty poor pictures of the kids in their working clothes:

post-5714-1134865543_thumb.jpg

post-5714-1134865640_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Seems to me it's just a more expensive step, at best sideways if not back, from the std 5" 625. It's lighter mostly from the barrel which I'm not keen on, didn't get a Ti cylinder, but it's a PC gun so I guess it's fashionable. A 6 1/2" Ti cyl 625 same weight as the "dropped" 5" sure would have been nice. I'm putting my money where my mouth is and having one built. Won't make me world class but should be nice to shoot.

WHOLY CRAP!!! i know what those gloves are for!!! My mom had one of those cars since i was 1 year old. she bought it new in 76!!! had it until about 93... she loved that junk pile. moms ride hers was the blue one. the gloves are for working on the dang thing all the time. it was a 302 with a 4 speed if my memory is correct and the clutch would last about a year with my lead foot mother driving. and brakes, they were a month to month thing. you name it and we fixed it....twice..... another great ford mustang for the record books.

LOL

Scott

Why is everyone hot on the Ti cylinders?? especialy in 45? i have not measured them, but it seems the 45 cylinder would be one of the lighter cylinders to begin with. my 38 super is not fluted and seems quite heavy to me, but i sure dont notice it shooting. the PC 625 cylinder is shorter than a standard 625 also, might help on the weight. use 155's and save a TON of weight off the cylinder and its cheaper too!!!??? =) i am new to the 625's so i am totaly ignorant to the ins and outs of them. i did order up a 625 PC so thats why i ask. i know that the PC guns are overpriced clunker Smiths but they do have some features you cant get without a big gunsmith bill. i think it would have cost me more in the end to get a standard 4" 625, buy a new 5" or longer barrel, shorten the cylinder, overtravel stop.ect ect. i could be wrong??