Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine alternatives for the TS

soulbyte

Hello, I’m looking for magazine alternatives to the factory TS mags in 40 but can’t seem to find any. Looking for mecgars but don’t see anything for the TS. Recommendations would be appreciated. 

Edited by soulbyte

4 hours ago, Czechyoself said:

Best prices are generally from Greg Cote, LLC. Look him up, he has just about every magazine you can think of at reasonable or cheap prices. 

Buy all of my CZ mags  from Greg Cote just bought 4 Tactical Sports. Have bought SP 01 and PCR and 75B. Good prices and great service

It would be nice if someone else made the mags, maybe with the popularity of the TSO mecgar or someone else will take notice and make an aftermarket mag. But in the meantime like everyone else I buy mags from Greg Cote.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got a tactical sport and looking for alternatives too..  thanks for starting the thread.

Surprised that Mec Gar doesn't make them, they make Tanfo large frame mags after all.  

What's the consensus for basepads for limited division?

Edited by Sniperboy

I'm not a huge fan of the TS 9mm magazines (factory 20 round tube with factory rubber base pad and follower).  I find that with about 5-8 rounds in them they will rattle the bottom rounds, and at my last match I had one that stopped feeding, and when I took it apart I found the top rounds totally loose, and near the bottom two rounds had criss-crossed (one bullet-high, one bullet-low) and jammed in the tube.  I never had those issues with the MecGar CZ 75 17 round mags.

I keep my match magazines separate from my practice/dry fire mags. I have over 16K rds through two guns as of today. Mostly practice. So far no magazine related issues. I use Grams springs and followers together with the CZC mag pads. I tried to use the CZC springs and followers but never was able not adjust them to make them work. With all due respect, CZC springs and followers are not ready to go. Frustrated from screwing around with them, I switched to Grams and never had any issues.

Having said that, I would buy Mec Gar mags for TS immediately if they were available. I have run them with my production guns for 60-70K without any replacements and problems.

I am not sure if the original TS mags are able to  sustain that heavy usage.         

My four TS mags get plenty of use and they get dropped on the ground a lot.  I've never has a single issue.  Neither have any of my friends who shoot TSs.  I prefer the CZC base pads, because I can remove them without tools.

BTW, I have factory springs and followers and the same from CZC.  The CZC set has a weaker spring than factory.  It fits 21.  After a year the spring weakens just enough that it will not lock the slide back on empty.  Three years later they all still feed without problems and the feed lips have never been adjusted.

2 hours ago, zzt said:

My four TS mags get plenty of use and they get dropped on the ground a lot.  I've never has a single issue.  Neither have any of my friends who shoot TSs.  I prefer the CZC base pads, because I can remove them without tools.

BTW, I have factory springs and followers and the same from CZC.  The CZC set has a weaker spring than factory.  It fits 21.  After a year the spring weakens just enough that it will not lock the slide back on empty.  Three years later they all still feed without problems and the feed lips have never been adjusted.

Stock 140/170 Czechmate Mags. CZC mag bases and Stock Springs and Stock Followers also.

23 rounds in the 140's

28 rounds in the 170

No issues, ever @ 5,000 rounds.