Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MAC RAPIDO

Mlussoro

This is the first I’ve heard. Is that a para frame gun?  I wonder what the price will be. I bet it will be quite a bit cheaper then the sps vista, since the Mac 3011 is under 1k, this will probably be under 1500 vs the vista at 1800. 

SPS has some really cool guns that eagle doesn’t import, like the sps vista 9mm long, the vista star. Someone said they were bringing in the 9mm long years ago and it never happened. I wish they did import more of the sps guns, my sps pantera is a great gun. 

1 hour ago, Mlussoro said:

Sti and svi parts fit, from what ive been told, sti mags MBX work as well sti grips can be swapped out for a larger magwell just as SPS Vista.   From what I’m told

Ohh so it’s not a para clone, I figured since the Mac 3011 was, this would be also. 

This is makes it even more interesting. I wonder what the price will be. I really wish they would have choose the vista star, the one that looks like a Limcat. But this is cool too. 

7 hours ago, Mlussoro said:

The vista long in 38 super is on sale budsgin shop for 1600 I believe right now 

That’s a pretty good deal. If it’s anything like my sps pantera, it’ll be a great gun. I almost regret not buying that instead of my trubor. I love the look of my sps, not to mention it runs like a top. Not that my trubor doesn’t. 

9 hours ago, Jfitz427 said:

Ohh so it’s not a para clone, I figured since the Mac 3011 was, this would be also. 

This is makes it even more interesting. I wonder what the price will be. I really wish they would have choose the vista star, the one that looks like a Limcat. But this is cool too. 

That sure as heck looks like their standard Para style frame in the photos, so I'm curious as to the whole magwell/frame arrangement as well. STI mags can be used successfully in Para guns in some cases, others require adjustments.

17 hours ago, WhiteDingo said:

That sure as heck looks like their standard Para style frame in the photos, so I'm curious as to the whole magwell/frame arrangement as well. STI mags can be used successfully in Para guns in some cases, others require adjustments.

I agree that it looks exactly like a solid one piece Para style frame, but it looks like a sweet pistol none the less. It’s aleays a good thing when someone introduces competition at a significantly reduced price, assuming they are decent quality of course. 

On 10/30/2018 at 8:12 PM, Jfitz427 said:

That’s a pretty good deal. If it’s anything like my sps pantera, it’ll be a great gun. I almost regret not buying that instead of my trubor. I love the look of my sps, not to mention it runs like a top. Not that my trubor doesn’t. 

Meh... a good deal Is subjective 

Edited by 3gunDQ

3 hours ago, 3gunDQ said:

Meh... a good deal Is subjective 

Correct!  I bought a “slightly used” open gun and it wouldn’t run, 6 months later had to replace everything internally, and send off to get tuned!!!! Should have bought new reputable but I went cheap route !  The sps from what I hear is a decent firearm, this one is up in the air.??

• 1 month later...

I talked to the guys at eagle, and they confirmed this is a para based gun. Looks nice but I think they made a mistake. They should have brought in another sps 2011 based gun like the Vista star or the vista 9mm long, or something. It says “coming soon” but he confirmed there is a limited number of them in the country already, with more to come in 2019. I think another 2011 based gun for under 2k would have really done well, much like the sps pantera and vista have so far. They would have to sell this for under 1500 I think for people to think it’s a good value. I definitely would have considered another SPS possibly an open gun, as my pantera limited gun has been 100% perfect. But being that it’s assmbled by metro arms, I’m sure it will be a tight fitting, very reliable run. MAC somehow knows how to build them tight, yet make them run perfect from the first time you pull the trigger. 

On 10/30/2018 at 11:35 AM, Mlussoro said:

The vista long in 38 super is on sale budsgin shop for 1600 I believe right now 

At buds it is $1833 today & doesnt come with a dot or big mags.... also doesnt say who's mags will fit.

1 hour ago, mlmiller1 said:

doesnt come with a dot or big mags....

I wouldn’t really expect it to for $1800 brand new. I don’t know of any mass produced open gun you can buy that comes with anything but one standard mag.

They take STI magazines btw. 

3 hours ago, B_Seehawer said:

My SPS Limited gun has worked with MBX, ST, and SV mags. An Evo grip fit right on as well.

Mine has also been flawless. I run mbx, , sti gen 2 and the sps mags that came with it, and they all run perfectly. Surpisingly the cheap sps mags were the only ones with feed lips in spec. I put some taran followers and springs and Dawson ispc wedge basepads and get 18rds in those little sps 120s. I wanted to be able to atleast practice with them. 

But you have an evo grip on your Pantera? Can you post a pic of it? I’d love to see how it looks. I’m gonna put a DVC grip on mine, only cause the PT is to expensive. I bet that looks badass. Sps makes some awesome guns. 

Edited by Jfitz427

Mine has also been flawless. I run mbx, , sti gen 2 and the sps mags that came with it, and they all run perfectly. Surpisingly the cheap sps mags were the only ones with feed lips in spec. I put some taran followers and springs and Dawson ispc wedge basepads and get 18rds in those little sps 120s. I wanted to be able to atleast practice with them. 

But you have an evo grip on your Pantera? Can you post a pic of it? I’d love to see how it looks. I’m gonna put a DVC grip on mine, only cause the PT is to expensive. I bet that looks badass. Sps makes some awesome guns. 

f44b618ccb2f5f28c2b8e709419bdd77.jpg

Unsure of the age or model, but the price was right.

2 hours ago, B_Seehawer said:

f44b618ccb2f5f28c2b8e709419bdd77.jpg

Unsure of the age or model, but the price was right.

Ya idk the model, are you in the US? I think years ago SPS imported some other models, as today it’s only the Pantera and vista. Looks good though. Mine has been utterly reliable. And accurate as hell.