Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good Dry Tumblers

I couldn't find any semi-recent threads on this, so I figured I'd start a discussion.

My old Lyman 1200 finally bit the dust and I'm looking for a replacement dry tumbler. I realize that a tumbler is a tumbler for the most part, but I'm looking for a quality replacement that will last a long time (good motor, etc.)

I assumed that when this one died, that I would just get the Dillon one, but there seems to be mixed reviews with those tumblers in comparison with the expense, etc.

I'm looking for something with a bigger case capacity than my little 1200, just looking to see what people are using these days and have had good, long track records with.

Not interested in a wet setup, did that for about a year and it's not for me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I use a Thumlers Tumbler UV 10. I’ve had and used it for 24 years and it’s still going strong. Mine is the smallest. It will do about 700 9mm cases a5 a time. They are pricey compared to most others, but they are quite and reliable. The UV 18 would most likely get you the capacity you are looking for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dillon is good, but it suffers one serious drawback - emptying it produces very wide stream of stuff, much of which is bound to end up all over the place.

For this reason I modified mine - I cut a 4" hole in the cover, and glued in a 45 degree PVC elbow, creating a nice spout.

Now emptying it is easy and clean.