Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm issues

sean_stw

1 hour ago, sean_stw said:

Atlas is gonna be at Area 8 championship this weekend and I'm gonna take a look at there gun and have a talk with them. I wonder if they would sell the gun without the optic and mount at a lower price seeing as i already have them, i guess that will be a question ill ask them. 

Whats a new sight and mount cost? $400? It’d be worth it to me to have a whole new setup. 

1 hour ago, sean_stw said:

Atlas is gonna be at Area 8 championship this weekend and I'm gonna take a look at there gun and have a talk with them. I wonder if they would sell the gun without the optic and mount at a lower price seeing as i already have them, i guess that will be a question ill ask them. 

That’s not going to be a problem at all. 

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:54 PM, sean_stw said:

Is the Atlas Chaos really worth the extra $1500 it would cost over a ck arms thunder? When you figure I'm going to need to buy mags also that would probably cost around $500-600 unless i can find a good deal on some mags. It's kinda hard to justify spending over 6k to me to get into open unless the Atlas is really just that much better.

Hahaha YES. Not even in the same ballpark.

18 minutes ago, Moloch38 said:

Hahaha YES. Not even in the same ballpark.

Please explain reasons? I own neither, but curious as to what makes one better than the other?

Accuracy? Speed? Fit and finish? Reliability?

I realize that when we look at how much we are spending here, personal reasons such as looks, finish etc play a huge roll.

16 minutes ago, Broncman said:

what makes one better than the other?

personal reasons such as looks, finish 

I started in OPEN 12 years ago with 2 TruBors (the cheapest entry

firearm into OPEN).

Still use them.   Great guns.

True, I had to add a racker, but that was it - trigger was heavier than

a $5,000 gun (3.5 lbs vs 2.5 or lighter). 

If you don't want a real light trigger ( I don't), go "inexpensive" to

get started.   After a year or two, you might or Not, want a "More

Expensive " gun - and you will have lots of experience with the

inexpensive gun, and can keep it as your backup gun.   IMHO    :) 

I'm thinking there is a screaming market for a decent, reliable open gun that STI used to fill in the $2500 range. Hope Dave Dawson gets them turned around. All this talk about $5000-$6000 open guns leaves me shaking my head. No wonder people want to try Tanfoglio and CZ open guns.

I picked up a sps vista short just because I didn’t want to spend the huge $$$$ and this thing has been amazing.  It shoots as good or better than any Sti out there. Price was $2000ish and I put another$ 500- 700 in it just making it mine.  

482B571F-AF79-4479-8FB9-48056CED15AF.jpeg

5415DFDA-0612-455B-A269-72A25EF43AC2.jpeg

D82AB8A0-1AA0-444B-99C8-6198BA3A6562.jpeg

Edited by Bwilmot

Well from what I've read 9mm seems to be the way im gonna go but i have a really nice Akai limited 40 and idk if it might just be better to have a upper made in 9 or just sell all my limited stuff and get an already built open gun? I also threw around the idea of just having a barrel and comp fit to my current slide and just run 40. I have a DPP on the Akai right now just to try out what it would kinda be like to run open but I'm running minor loads so recoil is a lot less, i also have a couple 170 mags that hold 25-26rds. I definitely know that im going open i had a lot more fun with that than limited and didnt do really that bad. my last match considering it was my first time, running minor, no comp and lower capacity than the other guys and there where 3 master shooters there i came in 7th out of 12 should have been 6th but they called one of my shots a miss but the video i have says something different but it is what it is. everybody else was also running major. Major problem for me was finding the dot but thats just practice and shouldnt take to long to get over i think.

0721181228_HDR-3120x1755.jpg