Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

South Florida Section Championship

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This match is moving due to the Naples range being sold to a developer (Toll Brothers) and will be closed 10/8/2005. Unfortunately, the local club, The Naples Swamp Rompers, just found out about this on Monday. The 2005 South Florida Championship will now be hosted at the Hansen Range and Gun Club in Punta Gorda, Florida. The Hansen range is home to the Ft. Myers River Rats Club whose President is Norie Haas, Brian Haas' Mother. This facility is located about 25 miles north of the Ft. Myers airport and very near to I-75. The range has wide bays and clean grass turf. The stages will be the same challenging stages as designed for the Naples range. A new match hotel will be posted by 10/6/2005. Please email Erikka at Erikka9393@aol.com, download the attachment, or check your current Front Sight for an application. Unfortunately, we are experiencing the same fate as many ranges across this great nation. Same story, different state.

2005SFCAPPLICATION.doc

Shorter drive for me... Only 1250 miles now. ;) Seriously, I am trying hard to work out being able to come down to this one.

What's the latest I can send in my app and still shoot... Lot of stuff up in the air right now...

Sorry to hear about the naples range. I used to shoot with the River Rats and Swamp Rompers. My "personal photo" is from the SoFla Champ match 2 years ago. My favorite was the CCW matches on the major hollidays. Condolences to the Swamp Rompers.

splashdown

Has an "official" notification of the match relocation gone out to registered shooters?

I just learned of the relocation, this weekend, and canceled my Naples hotel reservation. What is the "hotel of choice" at the new range??

Thanks,

Leo

The new hotel will be posted tomorrow. We are working on the rates trying for the lowest price near the range. I have spoken with the match director several times this week and it will be at the Punta Gorda location which is 25 miles north of Fort Myers. Old John

MOTEL NEWS. The Days Inn in Punta Groda has given a match rate of $59.00 per night. They are located near the range and their phone number is 941-637-7200. A map showing the range location can be found at WWW.swfps.com/hanmap.htm The weather should be clear and in the low 80's for the match. You've got to love S.W. Florida and this will be a fun match for a great cause ! Old John

I reserved a room at The Days Inn... seems as though their receptionist was in training. :D FWIW, the rooms are $59.95/night.

Anyone else staying there or are there better options?

I think I met Henning at Nationals, I'll offer a "howdy!" :D

Someone needs to meet up with Henning and make him feel welcome. I'd do it but I have to be in CA that weekend.  :(  :(

I'm sure our Social Coordinator, the Human Sponge, will invite Henny to the dinner/get together he's organizing... ;) and if he doesn't, then Henny you're hereby duly invited.

See you at Punta Gorda!

Edited to fix double post.

Sharyn, I just now made my reservations at the Days Inn. Seems I had better luck and got the manager... friendly and efficient fella'.

I'll be looking for hotel alternatives and let you know.

Edited by Nemo

I reserved a room at The Days Inn... seems as though their receptionist was in training. 

Ditto .... took 15 minutes for her to take my reservation, put me on hold 4 times to confer with her supervisor, and I have NO confidence that she got it right. She told me that the previous caller's revervation "did not take" in the system and that he will be an "unhappy camper" when he shows up and does not have a room!

Wow! .... is that a confidence builder or what?

Leo